Type of vacancy: Regular
Hours per week: 40
Education: Master's degree (WO Master)
Apply before: 01/23/2024
We are looking for a Business Analyst who is the bridge between business and IT and will translate business needs into new features for the Air France and KLM website. You will contribute to a website with millions of visitors per month in one of the most dynamic environments of Air France KLM: Digital. At Digital we are expanding our experimentation capabilities by for example increasing the amount of AB tests we run. The Business Analyst we will hire will play a crucial role in realizing our test & learn ambitions.
What are you going to do?
In this position you will be part of the Blueweb Aftersales product team. This product team is responsible for building a large part of the Air France and KLM website. The focus of the product team lies on all activities in the customer journey that come after customers have booked a flight. You can think of customers being able to manage their existing booking, check-in for their flight, purchase ancillaries, manage their travel documents, subscribe for the newsletter and updating their profile. We have an ambitious roadmap for Blueweb and as a Business Analyst you will be an essential part in the process of realizing it. The items on the roadmap are very diverse and can range from implementing new upsell capabilities to generate new revenue streams for our company to new capabilities focused on improving the experience of our customers. Of course, we want to validate our digital developments and create the most optimal digital flow and therefore we run an increasing number of experiments.
Your activities will include:
- Translate business needs into clear user stories with requirements for the developers to work on.
- Setting up experiments by defining the hypotheses and corresponding KPI’s.
- Ensure the right data is available to measure the KPI’s, analyze the outcome of the experiments and define the next steps.
- Manage the implementation of new functionalities and test/validate these new functionalities.
- Assist the Product Owner on analysis, product vision and priority setting.
Where do you land?
You will be part of a team of experts: UX’ers, Scrum masters, Product Owners and Developers in the most dynamic environment of Air France / KLM: Digital. Your workplace will be at the Roemer building, which is located opposite of the KLM Head Office in Amstelveen. You will also work closely together with your Air France colleagues in Paris and Valbonne. At Digital there are a wide range of career opportunities and this position will provide you with a solid basis for future growth.
You are pro-active, confident, eager, and have a curious mindset. You have a good picture of the international traveler, our end user, and you are interested in technical possibilities and trends within the (aviation) industry.
You also have:
- A MSc. degree. For example in Business Administration/Business Information Management or a similar study.
- Relevant work experience and a strong interest in Digital and IT.
- Digital product development and experimentation experience is considered a plus.
- Strong communication skills. It is easy for you to interact with your colleagues and to explain complex matters to non-experts
- The ability to demonstrate initiative in order to obtain new skills, information, and to get to know applications and stakeholders.
Note: For this position you need to already have a permit to work in the Netherlands.
- Building and maintaining relationships
- Commercial orientation
- Cross cultural awareness
- Technical skill and competence
- Problem analysis
- Organisational awareness
- A gross salary between € 4.200,- and € 6.200,- per month (applicable for well experieced candidates);
- Plenty of scope for personal development and great advancement opportunities;
- Labour market allowance;
- An excellent pension scheme and 8% holiday allowance;
- A year-end bonus of 8.33%;
- A profit-sharing scheme, up to 20%;
- 25 leave days and 5 extra days off;
- 7 extra days off if you work irregular shifts;
- Substantial discount on airfare (when you have been employed for at least 6 months);
- A travel expense scheme and free use of the bus network around Schiphol;
- If your job allows it: working from home and up to 8 weeks working from abroad (EU and Caribbean);
- 2% development budget;
Ready for your next destination?
Don’t wait any longer and apply for this function before the final boarding call on 01/23/2024! A motivation letter is no longer required; we will simply ask you a couple of questions during your online application. Within two weeks, you will receive a message from us. Your application procedure consists of two interviews and –possibly- an assessment and security research.
Did you know that according to research, women are less likely to apply than men when they don't meet all the job requirements? What a shame. Because, in our view, 'the perfect candidate' is a myth. So, if you have the drive to grow in aspects of this role, we look forward to your application.
A file check (for ex-KLM-employees) and/or a reference check can be part of the application procedure. By applying for this vacancy you consent to these checks.
If you would like to know more about the position, please contact the hiring manager. Call or e-mail the recruiter for questions about the application process. In both cases, don't forget to mention the vacancy number: #15723. At KLM, we believe in the power of diversity. Would you like to read more about this? Please see our statement.
Daniel Rijken: DANIEL.RIJKEN@KLM.COM
Margot Schuijff: MARGOT.SCHUIJFF@KLM.COM
Details from this vacancy are not to be used for marketing purposes.