Type of vacancy: Regular
City: Schiphol Centrum
Hours per week: 40
Education: Master's degree (WO Master); Master's degree (HBO Master or WO-pre-master)
Apply before: 03/27/2023
As a data scientist at KLM Cityhopper, you can drive change in the operations of KLM’s short-haul subsidiary with over 50 Embraer aircraft. Do you get enthusiastic from applying machine learning techniques to the gigabytes of data the onboard aircraft sensors produce, to create predictions for our maintenance department? Would you like to support our planning department with the difficult puzzles they have to solve by providing advanced analysis on the roster data? Do you want to play a role in making aviation more sustainable using data in KLM Cityhopper’s Fairline project? Then look no further and apply!
What are you going to do?
As part of KLM Cityhopper’s Data Intelligence (KLCDI) team you can work on a wide range of projects, using your ever-expanding toolkit of machine learning and data analysis techniques. We have a focus on predictive maintenance, but there are options to be involved in all operational and planning areas. With your proactive mindset you actively help defining the projects and tasks you work on, in consultation with the business stakeholders. Your day-to-day activities include:
- Talking to business stakeholders about requirements or to gather feedback on your work
- Analyzing business challenges and coming up with a proposal to solve it
- Building machine learning models on aircraft sensor data
- Optimizing and monitoring existing models
- Doing adhoc analysis on any issue the KLC operation might be facing
Where do you land?
You will be part of the KLCDI team, a young and ambitious team in the KLM Cityhopper (KLC) organization. The team consists of data scientists, data engineers and BI developers who work together according to agile scrum way of working. We work partly from home, and partly from a modern office in the heart of Schiphol, overlooking the terminal and runways. We often work together with other KLC departments, like the maintenance and planning departments.
We are looking for a talented data scientist who mainly gets motivated by providing value to the stakeholders. Apart from various computer languages, you communicate fluently in English, and Dutch is a plus. You enjoy talking to colleagues from various departments as much as talking to ChatGPT. You are able to spot opportunities for data science in business processes, and able explain complex data science topics to a wide audience, and don’t mind opening PowerPoint next to your IDE to summarize some findings. To sum it up:
- Master's degree in Econometrics, Business Analytics or similar studies
- At least 3 years of experience in a data science role
- Proficient in Python (with pandas and multiple machine learning packages)
- Data visualization skills is a big plus
- Knowledge of SQL, Docker, Azure and/or other Cloud Providers is a big plus
- Proactive and independent way of working
- A challenging role at an unique employer in the Netherlands;
- A gross salary between €4474,45 and €6392,07 per month;
- Plenty of room for personal development and wonderful career opportunities;
- A good pension scheme and 8 percent holiday pay;
- An end of the year bonus of 8,33%;
- 25 days of paid holiday and 5 extra days off;
- Great discounts on airline tickets (if you have been in service for at least 6 months);
- The possibilty to work remote for 8 weeks (in the EU & Dutch Carribean)
- A travel expenses scheme and free use of the bus network around Schiphol;
- Discount of your health insurance;
- A personal budget for sustainable employability.
Ready for your next destination?
Don’t wait any longer, send us your CV before the final boarding call on 03/27/2023! A motivation letter is no longer required; we will simply ask you a couple of questions during your online application. Within two weeks, you will receive a message from us. Your application procedure consists of two interviews and a case assesment.
A file check (for ex-KLM-employees) and/or a reference check can be part of the application procedure. By applying for this vacancy you consent to these checks.
If you would like to know more about the position, please contact the hiring manager. Call or e-mail the recruiter for questions about the application process. In both cases, don't forget to mention the vacancy number: #13331 .
Joost Huizinga: JOOST.HUIZINGA@KLM.COM
Isabelle de Jong: ISABELLE-DE.JONG@KLM.COM
Details from this vacancy are not to be used for marketing purposes.