Type of vacancy: Regular
City: Schiphol Rijk
Hours per week: 40
Education: Master's degree (HBO Master); Master's degree (HBO Master or WO-pre-master); Master's degree (WO Master)
Apply before: 04/02/2023
Welcome on board in the Competences center department. As Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) you will join a transversal AF/KL team (IBP-SD-SRE team) of 19 people whose main mission is to act as a link between Dev & Ops as described in OPS Vision transformation program.
The SRE is a position that partipates in the implementation of the DevOps concept. As SRE is a new role in the organisation be ready to make proposals to improve and develope the SRE position within the framework of OPS Visions
What are you going to do?
Purpose of the role :
The SRE contributes to the continuous improvement of the performance of the application landscape on the technical platforms with an end-to-end vision.
He/she is a key player in introducing the concepts of operational maintenance and reliability with the teams (business and technical) in order to maintain the proper functioning of critical systems.
Key responsibilities :
Be the guarantor of the availability and performance of applications by having a global view of our information system (infrastructure and development)
Promote technologies that favour the reliability and scalability of applications: cloud computing (NGDC), containerisation, CI/CD ...
Helping operations to deal with and solve critical problems (Managing incidents and problems with SysOPS by organising REX to capitalise on the solutions found)
Promote application observability concepts: SLI, SLO, SLA
Promote automation actions within OPS and DEV
Where do you land?
POV in the multi-site team IBP_SD-SRE ( your colleagues are in POV, Toulouse, Valbonne and Charles De Gaulle)
- 4+ years in IT (Dev or OPS teams)
- Good knowledge of our information system (IT infrastructure, developement stacks, tools ..) . Dash shaped profile in OPS technologies is a real advantage.
- You like technology, you are curious and you like to learn regularly
- You have a good sense of synthesis
- You are capable to lead meeting or manage task force.
- And last but not least you want to actively participate ine the tranformation of our information system through the NGDC program.
This position is only open if you are an EU resident of if you are authorised to work in the EU.
- Building Relationships
- Analytical Skills
- Customer Focus
- Organisational awareness
- Problem analysis
- Technical skill and competence
- Technical/Professional Knowledge
- A challenging role at an unique employer in the Netherlands;
- A gross salary between € 4.450,- and € 5.750,- per month;
- Plenty of room for personal development and wonderful career opportunities;
- A good pension scheme and 8 percent holiday pay;
- An end of the year bonus of 8,33% ;
- 25 days of paid holiday and 5 extra days off;
- Great discounts on airline tickets (if you have been in service for at least 6 months);
- A travel expenses scheme and free use of the bus network around Schiphol;
- Discount of your health insurance;
- A personal budget for sustainable employability.
Ready for your next destination?
Don’t wait any longer, send us your CV before the final boarding call on 04/02/2023! A motivation letter is no longer required; we will simply ask you a couple of questions during your online application. Within two weeks, you will receive a message from us. Your application procedure consists of two interviews.
A file check (for ex-KLM-employees) and/or a reference check can be part of the application procedure. By applying for this vacancy you consent to these checks.
If you would like to know more about the position or the application process, please contact the recruiter, don't forget to mention the vacancy number: #12788.
Coen Baljon: COEN.BALJON@KLM.COM or +31 629229122
Details from this vacancy are not to be used for marketing purposes.