Type vacature: Regulier
Hours per week: 40
Education: HBO Bachelor; HBO Master; HBO Master/ WO-pre-master; WO Master
Apply before: 06-02-2023
A leading edge stack, team members from all over the world, impact on a global scale: it’s the day-to-day life of our digital Front-end Engineers. We are dealing with the unique challenge to deliver a multi-branded web app of enterprise scale: our metrics (like amount of visitors and revenue) are expressed in multiple millions. And the good news is: we're looking for a few more talented engineers! As an engineer you will be welcomed in one of our Agile teams where you will join the adventure to reach increasing levels of high performance.
We are looking for a developer who has specific interest in information analysis and would like to combine this with engineering. The information analysis consists of analyzing business questions (‘what is the real problem?’) and determining which solution scenarios are applicable. In determining these, the whole IT-landscape and existing designs, technical requirements and impact on business processes and innovation should be taken into account. Therefore good stakeholder management (e.g. business owners, product owners, users, architects, other teams) is key.
What are you going to do?
You will be working in a challenging Agile scrum environment: very dynamic, complex and diverse, where things can and will change on a day to day basis.
• help managing day to day releases;
• improve customer experience, building high end customer features to improve customer satisfaction;
• work together to keep the standards high;
• work in close contact with Google Angular core team;
• be a front runner in Angular stack, always on the latest version;
• try out new technologies that add value to our product and customer experience.
Where do you land?
We look forward to welcoming you as a Front-end Engineer in a team of teams together building AFKL front-end with an Agile mindset! In the current circumstances we work from home or in a hybrid form. But when possible, we work lean and mean, with flex working spaces and a ping pong table. Your team consists of highly motivated professionals, from different countries and with different backgrounds, who are pushing the edge with the latest tools. We work together intensively and across boundaries, also together with Air France counter parts in Paris and Valbonne.
You have a great sense of responsibility, you see the bigger picture and do not stop before the customer is 100% happy! You like to take initiative, experiment and use your creativity and analytical ability to come up with the best solutions. Your features are KLM’s digital face to the customer. The compliments are yours for improving proactively! In addition, it is important that you are a team player with good communication skills.
Also you have proficient knowledge on:
• Agile development and Scrum;
• Angular, GraphQL (Apollo), Node.js, RxJS;
• DevOps & CI/CD in the Cloud (Azure);
• responsive design, accessibility (WCAG) and automated testing are no-brainers to you;
• you have vision on quality and usability;
• you are aware of latest trends in your field;
• you can express your professional opinion well and also listen to the input of others.
- Ability to use the latest technologies with your creativity to set trends
- Work in one of world’s leading Front-end teams with people from all across the world
- A gross salary between € 3.306,23 and € 6.392,07 per month
- Plenty of room for personal development and wonderful career opportunities
- A good pension scheme, end of the year bonus and 8 percent holiday pay
- 25 days of paid holiday and 5 extra days off
- Great discounts on airline tickets (if you have been in service for at least 6 months)
- A travel expenses scheme and free use of the bus network around Schiphol
- A MacBook Pro
- Discount of your health insurance
- A personal budget for sustainable employability
Ready for your next destination?
Don’t wait any longer, send us your CV before the final boarding call! A motivation letter is no longer required; we will simply ask you a couple of questions during your online application. Within two weeks you will receive a message from us. Your application procedure consists of two interviews and a case.
If you would like to know more about the position, please contact the hiring manager. Call or e-mail the recruiter for questions about the application process. In both cases, don't forget to mention the vacancy number: #8026.
Sanne Wijnands: SANNE.WIJNANDS@KLM.COM or 0618347650
Jenna Hoopman: JENNA.HOOPMAN@KLM.COM or
Details from this vacancy are not to be used for marketing purposes.