Type of vacancy: Regular
City: Schiphol Rijk
Hours per week: 32-40
Education: Bachelor's degree (HBO Bachelor); Master's degree (WO Master)
Apply before: 06/06/2023
Note: You need to apply via the KLM Career website!!
So after clicking "apply" on LinkedIn you are sent through to the KLM career site to complete your application!
Do you want to work in the most innovative and dynamic environment within Air France - KLM? Would you like to take our clients' customer journey to the next level through state-of-the art technology? Can you work with colleagues with different areas of expertise and from varied cultural backgrounds? Do you have an IT appetite? And do you have an agile mindset?
If you answer these questions with YES, then we just might have the opportunity for you!
We are looking for a new colleague for our payments team who acts as the bridge between business and IT and will translate business needs into new features for the Air France and KLM customer. The position is in one of the most dynamic environments of Air France KLM: Digital. At Digital there are a wide range of career opportunities and this position will provide you with a solid basis for future growth.
What are you going to do?
In this position, you will be part of one of the digital product teams. Each product team has a responsibility in the Digital ecosystem. For this vacancy, we are specifically looking for a Business Analyst for one of our payment product teams. The payment product teams enable the Air France KLM customer to order flights and other products via our Digital and NDC channels. The items on the roadmap of the product teams are very diverse and can range from implementing new upsell capabilities to generate new revenue streams for our company, to new capabilities focused on improving the experience of our customers.
Your activities will include:
- Translate business needs into clear user stories with requirements for the developers to work on.
- Handling of incidents, stakeholder questions and customer feedback.
- Manage the implementation of new functionalities and test/validate these new functionalities.
- Provide consultancy to business stakeholders. Mainly from a technology perspective, but not necessary limited to.
- Assist the Product Owner on analysis, product vision and priority setting.
Where do you land?
You will be part of a team of experts: UX’ers, Scrum masters, Product Owners and Developers in the most dynamic environment of Air France / KLM: Digital. Your workplace will vary between the KLM Head Office in Amstelveen and the Point of View IT office at Schiphol-Rijk. You will also work closely together with your Air France colleagues in Paris and Valbonne.
You are the connector between stakeholders and developers, you do not have to be an IT expert, however a strong interest, affinity and the will to learn is more important. You have a good picture of the international traveler, our end user, and you are interested in technical possibilities and trends within the (aviation) industry.
You also have:
- An HBO/WO degree or equivalent work experience.
- Affinity and strong interest in Digital and IT (dig into logs, make tests, etc.);
- Strong communication skills. It is easy for you to interact with your colleagues and to explain complex matters to non-experts
- The ability to work in a structured manner.
- The ability to demonstrate initiative in order to obtain new skills, information, and to get to know applications and stakeholders.
- Experience with payment knowledge is a plus.
For this position you need to be authorized to work in the EU, change of sponsorship is possible, however there is no relocation package.
- Analytical Skills
- Information gathering
- Interpersonal sensitivity
- A challenging role at an unique employer in the Netherlands;
- A gross salary between € 3.800,- and € 5.250,- (max) per month, depending on seniority level;
- Plenty of room for personal development and wonderful career opportunities;
- A good pension scheme and 8 percent holiday pay;
- An end of the year bonus of 8,33% ;
- 25 days of paid holiday and 5 extra days off;
- Great discounts on airline tickets (if you have been in service for at least 6 months);
- A travel expenses scheme and free use of the bus network around Schiphol;
- Discount of your health insurance;
- A personal budget for sustainable employability.
Ready for your next destination?
Don’t wait any longer, send us your CV before the final boarding call on 06/06/2023! A motivation letter is no longer required; we will simply ask you a couple of questions during your online application. Within two weeks, you will receive a message from us. Your application procedure consists of two interviews and –possibly- an assessment and security research.
A file check (for ex-KLM-employees) and/or a reference check can be part of the application procedure. By applying for this vacancy you consent to these checks.
If you would like to know more about the position, please contact the recruiter.
Coen Baljon: COEN.BALJON@KLM.COM or +31 629229122
Details from this vacancy are not to be used for marketing purposes.