Type of vacancy: Regular
Hours per week: 32-40
Education: Master's degree (HBO Master); Master's degree (HBO Master or WO-pre-master)
Apply before: 01/19/2024
Flight KL691. Made possible by you, Scrum Master. You are the facilitator and coach of agile methodologies who ensures that cross-functional teams are aligned, empowered, and continuously improving. This enables us to further optimise our operations. As a KLM employee, you contribute to unforgettable flights. Whatever your roll.
What are you going to do?
Very briefly, you’ll be the champion of Agile methodologies, leading the way in facilitating Agile ceremonies and processes. You will use your expert coaching and guidance skills to ensure team members are aligned with Agile principles and empowered to drive continuous improvement. Working closely with cross-functional teams, including developers, data scientists, and business stakeholders, you will ensure that KLM delivers high-quality solutions that will make its customers happy.
- You remove impediments that may be preventing the team from reaching their full potential and ensuring that they have the resources and support they need to be successful.
- You ensure transparency and visibility into the team's progress and performance through the use of Agile reporting metrics and tools such as Jira and Confluence.
- You collaborate with Product Owners to ensure that user stories are well-defined, prioritized, and aligned with business goals and customer needs.
Where do you land?
You will be working at business platform People Technology & Intelligence (HR and Corporate Staff) at KLM HQ in Amstelveen. This platform consists currently of twelve different product teams with product owners, scrum masters and team members with roles like Designers, Software Engineers, Business Product Analysts, Data Analysts etc. In this dynamic and international community you will work together with about twenty direct colleagues across two teams. As scrum master you will be responsible for two or more teams, depending on your profile. You have intensive contact, next to the team members, with Leads, Director of Technology, Director of Product and business stakeholders.
As scrum master for this vacancy you will facilitate two product teams:
Team Dataforce is part of platform People Technology & Intelligence and her main focus is People and Product dashboarding. The team is setup with several roles and expertise such as Data analysts, Data scientists and Software engineers. This means that the team unlock data and in several cases bring data to the data lake. This enables the team to create people and product dashboards and reports. The team delivers HR data on request or automated reports and can provide HR data insights. All professional, skilled people who work hard, but also like to have fun while doing so.
Team MERCI! delivers user-friendly solutions that enable effective internal communication & ease self-service for employees to create a better everyday life for all KLM-employees. MERCI! stands for Manage Employee Reporting & Company Information! One of the main products the team is working on is developing and maintaining a single portal (web and mobile) for all KLM employees called MyKLM. The team maintains as well a common of the shelf engagement tool Qualtrics and a home build teaming tool. There is an informal culture within the team where we work hard, but also have fun. The team exist of a product owner, business product analyst and several software engineers.
You love coaching and facilitating. You have strong communication skills, enabling you to build strong relationships with team members, stakeholders and leadership alike. You are an experienced Agile practitioner who possesses a deep understanding of Agile methodologies and frameworks such as Scrum, Kanban, and Lean. You have a proven track record of successfully leading Agile teams in the delivery of high-quality software solutions.
Additionally, you have;
- A bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- A Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or equivalent certification.
- At least 5 years of experience as a Scrum Master in a software development environment. (must have)
- Experience with Agile tools such as Jira, Confluence, and Agile reporting metrics is a plus.
- You can act as subject matter expert to peers and sparring partner for (executive) management.
- Good command of the Dutch and English language and EU resident (must have)
- A gross salary between € 5.453,83 and € 7.791,18 per month;
- Plenty of scope for personal development and great advancement opportunities;
- An excellent pension scheme and 8% holiday allowance;
- A variable income of up to 16%;
- A profit-sharing scheme, up to 20%;
- 25 leave days and 5 extra days off;
- Substantial discount on airfare (when you have been employed for at least 6 months);
- A travel expense scheme and free use of the bus network around Schiphol;
- If your job allows it: working from home and up to 8 weeks working from abroad (EU and Caribbean);
- 2% development budget;
Ready for your next destination?
Don’t wait any longer and apply for this function before the final boarding call on 01/19/2024! A motivation letter is no longer required; we will simply ask you a couple of questions during your online application. Within two weeks, you will receive a message from us. Your application procedure consists of two interviews and a security research.
Did you know that according to research, women are less likely to apply than men when they don't meet all the job requirements? What a shame. Because, in our view, 'the perfect candidate' is a myth. So, if you have the drive to grow in aspects of this role, we look forward to your application.
A file check (for ex-KLM-employees) and/or a reference check can be part of the application procedure. By applying for this vacancy you consent to these checks.
If you would like to know more about the position, please contact the hiring manager. Call or e-mail the recruiter for questions about the application process. In both cases, don't forget to mention the vacancy number: #15792. At KLM, we believe in the power of diversity. Would you like to read more about this? Please see our statement.
Hans Rietman: HANS.RIETMAN@KLM.COM
Adri Beels: ADRI.BEELS@KLM.COM or +31628609681
Details from this vacancy are not to be used for marketing purposes.
We only process applications via the website. Due to GDPR, we cannot process applications via email if our process is not set up that way!