Type vacature: Regular
Plaats: Schiphol Rijk
Uren per week: 32-40
Opleidingsniveau: Bachelor's degree (HBO Bachelor)
Solliciteer t/m: 04/14/2023
Have you ever been staring at the sky at one of those blue KLM Airplanes and wondered what role data plays in making this possible? Our Data Engineers prepare a lot of the data that is needed to make sure we can fly our customer arounds the world. Whether you are saving money by predicting when an airplane part needs maintenance or optimizing our daily operations by helping our teams to make the best decisions in case of last minute changes, you enable all this by providing them with the data needed. As Data Engineer you get KLM ready for a future full of smart data solutions!
What are you going to do?
As a Data Engineer you built data pipelines, industrialize machine learning and operations research models and replace legacy data warehousing systems with state-of-the-art data lake solutions. You do this as part of a central BI department from where you work in different businesses often as part of a product team. The businesses you work for are either up in the air or on the ground and can vary from operational to finance. All these different KLM business partners need the scalable future proof solutions you design, making use of structured and unstructured data. Once the solution is built, you ensure it gets operational and stays like that! This all of course in an agile environment.
Where do you land?
Your chair is booked at Schiphol-Rijk, but most of the time you will be in the offices where the businesses are located. This can vary from Schiphol-Centrum, Schiphol-Oost or Amstelveen. Sharing your expertise with other is key, as there are thirty data engineers in the department who like to learn from you too! As many businesses work together with Air-France, a trip to France can be part of the job.
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to help our teams make the best possible data solutions according to the company standards. You inspire your team to improve quality and performance od existing and new solutions.
Next to this you discuss the requirements with your stakeholders and explain them possible solutions or help them understand technical problems you phase. You coach your junior teammates on a technical level. You are always look for opportunities to improve the quality of your solutions or try out new technologies.
Besides all of this you have:
- Preferably Bachelor degree or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other relevant fields (less important in light of work experience)
- At least 4 years of experience building production-grade data processing systems as a Data Engineer
- In-depth knowledge of:
- The Hadoop ecosystem.
- Building applications with Apache Spark;
- Columnar storage solutions like Apache HBase; including knowledge about data modelling for columnar storage;
- Experience with Event Streaming Platforms like Apache Kafka
- Development on a cloud platform
- Experience with Scala and at least 1 more server-side programming languages, e.g. Python, Java, C++, etc.
- Experience with Spark Streaming
- Understanding of common algorithms and data structures
- Experience with databases and SQL
- Knowledge of continuous integration/continuous deployment techniques
- Affinity with Machine Learning and/or Operations Research concepts
Competencies which are the most important for this position:
2. Good communication skills
• Challenging role at an unique employer in the Netherlands
• Gross salary between € 4.386,72 and € 6.266,74 per month (depending on knowledge and experience - MSG3)
• Plenty of room for personal development and wonderful career opportunities
• A good pension scheme, end of the year bonus and 8 percent holiday pay
• 25 days of paid holiday and 5 extra days off
• Great discounts on airline tickets (if you have been in service for at least 6 months)
• A travel expenses scheme and free use of the bus network around Schiphol
• Discount of your health insurance
• A personal budget for sustainable employability
Ready for your next destination?
Don’t wait any longer, send us your CV before the final boarding call! A motivation letter is no longer required; we will simply ask you a couple of questions during your online application. Within two weeks you will receive a message from us. Your application procedure consists of two interviews and a technical case.
In case you want to know more about the function, contact the hiring manager. If you have questions on the procedure email or call the recruiter. Please mention the jobID : #9444.
Please apply via our career website and not via email!
[[Saskia Bijkerk]]: [[Saskia.email@example.com]] of []
Adri Beels: ADRI.BEELS@KLM.COM of +31628609681
Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze vacature stellen we niet op prijs.