Type of vacancy: Regular
City: Schiphol Rijk
Hours per week: 40
Education: Bachelor's degree (HBO Bachelor)
Apply before: 01/31/2024
In November 2018, AFKL IT has reorganized its teams to better serve the Group businesses (Commercial, Cargo, Maintenance, Operations etc.) and its internal customers (the “end-users”).
The IT Services are ever more complex and aggregated gathering multiple technologies and service providers. The role of the Service Operational Manager (SOM) is to manage this complex environment to deliver an end-to-end service for the customer by being the linking pin between all providers involved in the service and the customer.
You maintain close contact with the business and other requesting departments, and you collect the wishes/requirements and adjustments from stakeholders so that the service is optimal. You work on Continuity (running services) and Innovation (building services).
- Running Services: Supporting the operation and monitoring the agreed service levels.
- Building Services: Supporting the Infrastructure project leader or the Business project leader.
What are you going to do?
You will be responsible for the Engineering of end-to-end services of Power Platform & Citrix for the AFKL group. This includes the services and related products with Power Platform like: Apps, Automate, BI, Pages, Virtual Agents, Centre of Excellence starter kit and related standard and premium connectors and within Citrix: XenApp and VDI environment.
For Power Platform, you will be in close contact with Development (Toulouse) and third parties like Sogeti and for Citrix, you will be in close contact with ATOS, responsible for the engineering and maintenance of the Citrix services. Besides, you will be the Service Now (MyITService) expert and can be consulted by all T-SOM in End-User Engineering for their Service NOW issues. Your activities include:
1. Manage and challenge third parties on the evolution, continuation, Life cycle management, Patch Management (Vulnerability) and availability of the Power Platform/Citrix service.
2. Define the service roadmap and Life cycle management projects of the Power Platform/Citrix services in close collaboration with the stakeholders.
3. Organizing the transition from project to continuity: Contribute to build and deliver services, by contributing to Power Platform/Citrix projects within the Power Platform/Citrix team and third parties. Make sure the delivered service complies with the security and architecture policies.
4. Managing service requests, incidents, and problems. Follow up the performance (service quality, SLA and KPI) of the associated services and their incidents. Provide the associated reporting.
5. Launch and lead taskforces in case of recurring unsolved problems in accordance with established procedures. Create and manage quality improvement plans including capacity management/ performance and availability to guarantee the Quality of Service.
6. Technical referent and AF KLM entry point for the analysis, validation and/or proposal of solutions meeting the business need. Coordinate IT team in the continuity management of the Power Platform/Citrix services. Advising and supporting management on integrated service management in infrastructural business projects or infrastructure projects and improvement of tracks. Taking care of the improvement process and knowledge management.
7. Manage the customer relationship at a tactical and operational level with the IT Business Relationship Management teams in order to reach agreement on delivered services.
8. Managing the costs for those services, possibly depending on the KPI and activity volume of the associated businesses, present it to the business and propose to both the business and the IT cost / performance optimization opportunities.
9. Setting up/Maintaining the Service Design & Catalog in Service Now, meaning manage the CSDM model (including the technical service offerings) within your scope in MyITService. Make sure the Support documentation in MyITService is up to date and CI models are available in the CMDB. Accountable for all the pro-active and reactive technical aspects related to the services in scope.
10. Work closely with contract managers to ensure the sourcing quality and relations with suppliers and work closely with license managers to support the license model.
11. Be a point of contact for the other T-SOMs in End-User Engineering of Service NOW and the implementation services. You are there to advise them.
This position requires regular contacts with the AF and KL Business teams as well as the AFKL IT teams. Travels to CDG (Paris) & Toulouse (TLS - Development) are to be expected. A very occasional travel to Valbonne is to be expected.
Where do you land?
The job is affiliated to the Group IT (IT AFKL), Direction of Distributed Services (DS).
DS is in charge of all topics related to the IT service quality (applications, operations, etc..), the equipment deployment toward end-users (workstations, telephony, printing, network, etc..) as well as the help desk and infrastructures such as call center, videoconferences etc.
Within DS the job is in the Power Platform/Citrix team, which is part of the End-user Engineering department.
Work and thinking level
- HBO/ Academic work- and think-level, obtained by ICT education or experience.
- Advance knowledge of ServiceNow (or willing to do some trainings)
- Advance knowledge and experience with the ITIL processes in a complex environment and with focus on Service Management
- Substantive technical knowledge of Power Platform/Citrix Services (Power Apps, Power Automate, Power BI, Power Pages, Power Virtual Agents, Centre of Excellence (COE) starter kit/dashboard and related standard and premium connectors and within Citrix: XenApp and VDI environment.
- Knowledge of ICT architecture, Life Cycle Management, Licenses, Capacity, Performance & Availability Management, Security, Infrastructure (servers, network) and Active Directory (AD)
- Knowledge of AF/KL ICT business processes
- Knowledge of the Project management methods and Lean, Agile & Safe Framework (Jira)
- Experience in Scrum Master is a plus
- Language: Written and verbal control of English to be able to communicate with people within the French IT teams (Written and/or verbal control of the French language is a plus (because of the French only AF businesses)
- Customer and Service oriented (Care for Quality, critical thinking, and appeal for operational subjects & innovation)
- Good analytical capacity (Problem analysis)
- Result- and Commercial driven & Capacity to lead (taking initiative)
- Planning & Organizing
- Building and maintaining relationships (motivate and enable the teamwork)
- Good communication skills & Persuasiveness
- A gross salary between €4.128,90 and €6.918,69 per month; depending on experience and skills;
- Plenty of scope for personal development and great advancement opportunities;
- An excellent pension scheme and 8% holiday allowance;
- A year-end bonus of 8.33%;
- A profit-sharing scheme, up to 20%;
- 25 leave days and 5 extra days off;
- 7 extra days off if you work irregular shifts;
- Substantial discount on airfare (when you have been employed for at least 6 months);
- A travel expense scheme and free use of the bus network around Schiphol;
- If your job allows it: working from home and up to 8 weeks working from abroad (EU and Caribbean);
- 2% development budget;
Ready for your next destination?
Don’t wait any longer, send us your CV before the final boarding call on 01/31/2024! A motivation letter is no longer required; we will simply ask you a couple of questions during your online application. Within two weeks, you will receive a message from us. Your application procedure consists of two interviews and –possibly- an assessment and security research.
Did you know that according to research, women are less likely to apply than men when they don't meet all the job requirements? What a shame. Because, in our view, 'the perfect candidate' is a myth. So, if you have the drive to grow in aspects of this role, we look forward to your application.
A file check (for ex-KLM-employees) and/or a reference check can be part of the application procedure. By applying for this vacancy you consent to these checks.
If you would like to know more about the position, please contact the hiring manager. Call or e-mail the recruiter for questions about the application process. In both cases, don't forget to mention the vacancy number: #15434. At KLM, we believe in the power of diversity. Would you like to read more about this? Please see our statement.
Hans Spoelstra: HANS.SPOELSTRA@KLM.COM
Shehenaaz Soebratie: SHEHENAAZ.SOEBRATIE@KLM.COM
Details from this vacancy are not to be used for marketing purposes.