Type of vacancy: Regular
City: Schiphol Rijk
Hours per week: 40
Education: Bachelor's degree (HBO Bachelor); Master's degree (HBO Master or WO-pre-master); Master's degree (HBO Master)
Apply before: 01/31/2024*
Note: You need to already be allowed to work in the Netherlands for this role.
In November 2018, AFKL IT has reorganized its teams to better serve the Group businesses (Commercial, Cargo, Maintenance, Operations etc.) and its internal customers (the “end-users”).
The IT Services are ever more complex and aggregated gathering multiple technologies and service providers. The role of the Service Operational Manager (SOM) is to manage this complex environment to deliver an end-to-end service for the customer by being the linking pin between all providers involved in the service and the customer.
You maintain close contact with the business and other requesting departments, and you collect the wishes/requirements and adjustments from stakeholders so that the service is optimal. You work on Continuity (running services) and Innovation (building services).
- Running Services: Supporting the operation and monitoring the agreed service levels.
- Building Services: Supporting the Infrastructure project leader or the Business project leader.
What are you going to do?
You will be responsible for the Engineering of end-to-end services of Messing for the AFKL group. This includes the services related to mail flow in general and related products like: Exchange (Online and on premise), Kana, Topcall, Evoko (Meeting room device), MS Office 2016 & Apps4Enterprise.
You will be in close contact with ATOS, a third-party that is responsible for the engineering and maintenance of Collaboration services, which include also Messaging. Besides, you will be the Service NOW expert and can be consulted by all T-SOM in End-User Engineering for their Service NOW issues.
Your activities include:
1. Manage and challenge ATOS on the evolution, continuation, Life cycle management, Patch Management (Vulnerability and ensure security) and availability of the Messaging service.
2. Define the service roadmap and Life cycle management of the Messaging services in close collaboration with the concerning IT Specialists and Technical Architects within Engineering, Technical Domain/Security Architect, Enterprise Architect, ATOS, and Microsoft. Organize the timely start-up of Life Cycle Management (LCM) projects within your domain.
3. Organizing the transition from project to continuity: Contribute to build and deliver services, by contributing to Collaboration (Messaging) projects within the Collaboration team and ATOS. Make sure the delivered service complies with the security and architecture policies. Provide input for the Permit to Build (for the service and support part), and the Permit to Operate process.
4. Managing service requests, incidents, and problems. Follow up the performance (service quality, SLA and KPI) of the associated services and their incidents. Provide the associated reporting.
5. Launch and lead taskforces in case of recurring unsolved problems in accordance with established procedures. Create and manage quality improvement plans including capacity management/ performance and availability to guarantee the Quality of Service (QoS).
6. Technical referent and AF KLM entry point for the analysis, validation and/or proposal of solutions meeting the business need. Coordinate IT team in the continuity management of the Messaging services (product line DEV/DS (Telecom, Deployment, Helpdesk, Business Relation Manager)/OPS including their suppliers like Accenture). Advising and supporting management on integrated service management in infrastructural business projects or infrastructure projects and improvement of tracks. Taking care of the improvement process and knowledge management.
7. Manage the customer relationship [internal or external customer] at a tactical and operational level with the IT Business Relationship Management teams, IMO organization or the Competence Center in order to reach agreement on delivered services.
8. Managing the costs for those services, possibly depending on the KPI and activity volume of the associated businesses, present it to the business and propose to both the business and the IT cost / performance optimization opportunities.
9. Setting up/Maintaining the Service Design & Catalog in Service Now, meaning manage the CSDM model (including the technical service offerings) within your scope in MyITService. Make sure the Support documentation in MyITService is up to date and CI models are available in the CMDB. Accountable for all the pro-active and reactive technical aspects related to the services in scope.
10. Work closely with contract managers to ensure the sourcing quality and relations with suppliers and work closely with license managers to support the license model.
11. Be a point of contact for the other T-SOMs in End-User Engineering for questions related to the use of Service NOW and the implementation of their services in it. You are there to advise them, but not to take over their activities.
Where do you land?
The job is affiliated to the Group IT (IT AFKL), Direction of Distributed Services (DS).
DS is in charge of all topics related to the IT service quality (applications, operations, etc..), the equipment deployment toward end-users (workstations, telephony, printing, network, etc..) as well as the help desk and infrastructures such as call center, videoconferences etc.
Within DS the job is in the Collaboration team, which is part of the End-user Engineering department.
This position requires regular contacts with the AF and KL Business teams as well as the AFKL IT teams. Travels to CDG (Paris) are to be expected. A very occasional travels to Valbonne or Toulouse. are to be expected.
- MSc,/BSc level, obtained by ICT education or experience
- Advance knowledge of ServiceNow (or willing to do some trainings)
- Advance knowledge and experience with the ITIL processes in a complex environment and with focus on Service Management
- Substantive technical knowledge of Messaging Services (mail flow in general and related products like: Exchange (Online and on premise), Kana, Topcall, Evoko (Meeting room device), MS Office 2016 & Apps4Enterprise) & Cloud services & API
- Substantive knowledge of the Microsoft Roadmap M365
- Knowledge of ICT architecture, Life Cycle Management, Licenses, Capacity, Performance & Availability Management, M365 Security, Infrastructure (servers, network) and Active Directory (AD)
- Knowledge of AF/KL ICT business processes
- Knowledge of the Project management methods and Lean, Agile & Safe Framework (Jira)
- Experience in Scrum Master is a plus
- Language: Written and verbal control of English to be able to communicate with people within the French IT teams (Written and/or verbal control of the French language is a plus (because of the French only AF businesses)
- Customer and Service oriented (Care for Quality, critical thinking, and appeal for operational subjects & innovation)
- Good analytical capacity (Problem analysis)
- Result- and Commercial driven & Capacity to lead (taking initiative)
- Planning & Organizing
- Building and maintaining relationships (motivate and enable the teamwork)
- Good communication skills & Persuasiveness
Note: For this role you already need to be allowed to work in the Netherlands.
- A challenging role at an unique employer in the Netherlands;
- A gross salary between € 3.800,- and € 6.200,- per month, depending on level of experience;
- Plenty of room for personal development and wonderful career opportunities;
- A good pension scheme and 8 percent holiday pay;
- An end of the year bonus of 8,33%;
- 25 days of paid holiday and 5 extra days off;
- Great discounts on airline tickets (if you have been in service for at least 6 months);
- A travel expenses scheme and free use of the bus network around Schiphol;
- Discount of your health insurance;
- A personal budget for sustainable employability.
Ready for your next destination?
Don’t wait any longer, send us your CV before the final boarding call on 01/31/2024*! A motivation letter is no longer required; we will simply ask you a couple of questions during your online application. Within two weeks, you will receive a message from us. Your application procedure consists of two interviews and an assessment.
A file check (for ex-KLM-employees) and/or a reference check can be part of the application procedure. By applying for this vacancy you consent to these checks.
If you would like to know more about the position, please contact the hiring manager. Call or e-mail the recruiter for questions about the application process. In both cases, don't forget to mention the vacancy number: #14721 .
*If we receive a large amount of applicants we can close the vacancy at an earlier date!
Arun Parag: ARUN.PARAG@KLM.COM
Margot Schuijff: MARGOT.SCHUIJFF@KLM.COM
If you are an intemediair, please do not contact us. Details from this vacancy are not to be used for marketing purposes.