Type of vacancy: Regular
Hours per week: 32-40
Education: Master's degree (HBO Master); Master's degree (HBO Master or WO-pre-master); Master's degree (WO Master)
Apply before: 09/10/2023
With your words, you inspire and inform. And you also know that your words are nothing without the right design, or the user who reads them. That’s why you thrive on teamwork with designers and researchers, crafting top-notch user experiences. Plus, you're just as skilled in English as in Dutch. Sound like you? Join our team and make every word count!
What are you going to do?
In the Digital department, we develop the digital touchpoints and channels of both KLM and Air France. That includes our website, mobile apps, self-service kiosks at the airport and the onboard WiFi portal. Various product teams work together in a fast-paced, agile environment to deliver state-of-the-art technology and a seamless (digital) experience for our customers.
As a UX writer, your daily task will be to create top-notch (micro)copy for multiple projects. You actively participate in the design process of your projects to guarantee the quality of your copy. Collaborating closely with UX and visual designers, you contribute to the best possible user experience. You have a keen eye on how the customer journey can be improved through copy, naturally basing your choices on user-centric research and data. You ensure consistency across the various digital channels with a view to our brand values.
You write primarily for KLM but also work closely with the Air France editorial and design teams. You know your way around a corporate and agile environment and can take your team and stakeholders along to make your vision a reality. Excited to boost the content team, you inspire and guide your colleagues to a higher altitude.
As a UX writer, you:
- Master microcopy: You improve the user experience through impactful copy, from buttons to tooltips, in English and Dutch.
- Personalise effectively: You can make users feel valued and unique with just your words.
- Adapt for mobile: You embrace a mobile-first design, crafting concise and readable content for even the smallest screens.
- Test, test, test: You love learning from our users; you’re involved in A/B testing and other user tests to ensure validated decision-making.
- Embrace tech trends: You look forward to mastering prompt engineering and making ChatGPT your favourite colleague.
- Champion inclusivity: You value creating universally accessible content, always considering diverse audiences.
Where do you land?
You’re offered a sweet spot in our creative and fun Design team. We consist of young professionals in user research, interaction design, visual design, service design, copywriting, and UX writing. We're ambitious, skilled, and devoted to making a real difference in our customers' travel experience.
You embody precision, organisation, and spot details like a pro. Your creativity goes beyond words, improving processes too. You know a smooth process boosts your copy’s impact. Adapting quickly, shifting seamlessly, delivering fast—it's your thing. You effortlessly connect with colleagues, even over a (virtual) cup of coffee with unfamiliar faces. You shine in politically complex situations and sell your choices with finesse. After all, you know better than anyone how to convince stakeholders of your vision.
What do we expect from you?
- Finished HBO or WO education.
- 3-5 years experience as a UX writer.
- Clear and flawless Dutch and English writing are a must.
- Good understanding of user research, UX, and interaction design; experienced with design and content tools such as Figma and Grammarly.
- You can quickly put yourself in the shoes of our website visitors and the issues they might encounter.
- You know your way in a complex agile environment, with proven stakeholder management skills.
- Team player with a positive attitude, you’re open to feedback and willing to share experiences and work.
- Strong communicator, you’re organised and analytical.
- You take the initiative and spot new opportunities.
- A challenging role at an unique employer in the Netherlands;
- A gross salary between €3800,- and €5400,- per month;
- Plenty of room for personal development and wonderful career opportunities;
- A good pension scheme and 8 percent holiday pay;
- An end of the year bonus of 8,33%;
- 25 days of paid holiday and 5 extra days off;
- Great discounts on airline tickets (if you have been in service for at least 6 months);
- A travel expenses scheme and free use of the bus network around Schiphol;
- Discount of your health insurance;
- A personal budget for sustainable employability.
Ready for your next destination?
Don’t wait any longer, send us your CV before the final boarding call on 09/10/2023! A motivation letter is no longer required; we will simply ask you a couple of questions during your online application. Within two weeks, you will receive a message from us. Your application procedure consists of two interviews and –possibly- an assessment and security research.
A file check (for ex-KLM-employees) and/or a reference check can be part of the application procedure. By applying for this vacancy you consent to these checks.
If you would like to know more about the position, please contact the hiring manager. Call or e-mail the recruiter for questions about the application process. In both cases, don't forget to mention the vacancy number: #14806 .
Marije Sinning León - Bijlsma
Details from this vacancy are not to be used for marketing purposes.