Nice to know (you)
- As a BI Developer, you contribute to enhancing the commercial performance of Schiphol.
- Together with 3,000 proud colleagues, we work towards our mission to be 'the world's most sustainable and high-quality airports'.
- The Data & Analytics team oversees the strategic use of AI, data and applied data science across the Schiphol Group to identify growth opportunities and areas for innovation with new data products and services.
Connecting your world
As a BI Developer, you understand the role of data in day-to-day business processes and how to best visualize it. You can analyse functional questions, propose a front-end solution, and implement it in a way that aligns with our architecture. This is how you connect the Netherlands with the rest of the world. The exact realization is up to you. At Schiphol Group, we trust in your talents.
As a BI Developer, you convert your talents into action to achieve the following goals:
- Help our business stakeholders in identifying their functional data needs.
- Explore available data to help our business in defining and measuring their KPI’s.
- Designing and building dashboards in close collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
- Developing dashboards with insights that support decision-making in performance management.
- Manage day-to-day progress of your projects, proactively communicate with your stakeholders and work with experts from various disciplines to get their input or support.
- Supporting and training our business users in effectively using dashboards and data for self-service purposes.
- Contribute to further development of the BI developer community at Schiphol .
You've got this
For this role, you take charge, make decisions, and take responsibility. You are a worthy sparring partner for the business. In addition to this you also have:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as a front-end developer.
- Extensive experience in building BI solutions with Microsoft Power BI.
- Fluency in DAX and can hold your own in SQL.
- An analytical mindset and experience with working in an Agile DevOps team.
- Experience with organizing and facilitating workshop with business experts to gather information on required insights.
- An understanding of how insights can lead to an improved business process.
- You possess good communicative skills: fluency in English is a must. Knowledge of the Dutch language is a big plus.
You get this
- A salary ranging from € 4,594,- and € 6,374,- based on 36 hours (scale 12).
- An 8,33 % fixed allowance at the end of the year.
- An iPhone 13 or Samsung Galaxy S21. Your choice!
- Participation in the ABP pension fund.
These are just a few of all the employment conditions that come with this position (based on a 36-hour working week). Schiphol Group has even more to offer you. For the total overview of all employment conditions, please visit Arbeidsvoorwaarden - Werken bij Schiphol Group.
About the Team
Our Commercial Data team focuses on our retail services, Schiphol Real Estate, our premium services and Schiphol Parking. We help to make these departments work data driven, improve overall data literacy, with an aim to improve the way our passengers and customers perceive their journeys.
The complexity and scale of Schiphol creates a great diversity of datasets, where no data challenge is the same. To give you an impression:
- We predict when a passenger will show up at the airport, by combining sources such as airline flight plans, passenger profiles, and historic security throughput data, to help our security colleagues in setting up a staffing schedule.
- We combine sales data from our shops with the travel data of the passenger to provide our commercial partners with valuable insights into the shopping habits of our passengers.
Many of the use cases you work on have a direct effect on the Airport and its passengers and when you look out of the window of the office, you can see your work in action.
Choose your destination
What are your talents? What are your dreams? What's your story? We're curious about you and would like to invite you to apply for a job here. Send us your CV and motivation by clicking on the apply button below.
- Do you have any questions about the position or the application process? Get in touch with Gwen Reniers, Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0681152100.
- An assessment may be part of the process.
- For more information about applying at Schiphol Group: www.werkenbijschiphol/procedure.
- For the safety of our passengers and colleagues, an AIVD security screening (VGB B civil aviation) is always part of the recruitment process.
About Schiphol Group
3,000 colleagues go the extra mile to connect the Netherlands with the rest of the world in the best possible way. Innovation, safety and cooperation are all top priorities. This is how we support the economy and people, both in the Netherlands and beyond. By the way, did you know that:
- … There were 266,967 aircraft movements at Schiphol in 2021?
- … 104 airlines fly from Schiphol Airport?
- … Schiphol Airport saw 25.5 million passengers in 2021?