Nice to know (you)
- Join us at Enabling Technologies, where we're pioneering in a mission-critical environment, with a strong focus on quality and safety. Let's push technology boundaries together!
- 24/7 Connecting the Airport: Our Integration team powers seamless connections between the airport and partners round the clock.
- With 3,000 proud colleagues, we work toward our mission: "the world's most sustainable and high quality airports.
Connecting your world
As a Platform Engineer you'll be at the forefront of transforming airports into seamless, tech-driven hubs. How exactly you accomplish this? That's up to you. We rely on the way you want to improve every day. You put your talents to work at:
- Ensuring the reliability and scalability of our integration platforms, crucial for airport functionality.
- Troubleshooting and optimizing integration processes to boost efficiency and performance in airport technology.
- Leveraging your Java expertise, contributing to the technological evolution of airport operations.
- Collaborating with other technology and business to maintain, design and develop integration solutions that drive efficiency.
Within ET, we build self-service developer platforms for everyone at Schiphol, aiming to create a simplified and automated landscape that is always operational. This allows developers to focus on creating value! The ADT team is self-organizing and utilizes a mix of Scrum and Kanban to keep the cycle time low. Our focus is on delivering value and we aim to avoid spending the entire day on writing stories.
You've got this
Schiphol connects your world. With the best people, we make travel safe and responsible. You contribute to this by approaching problems as a challenge and quickly finding a good solution. You are also the talent that works from a certain calmness, order and discipline. Furthermore, for this position you have:
- Experience in developing Java applications and the Quarkus framework.
- Knowlegde of container technology such as Docker, AKS, OpenShift.
- Camel experience (pré).
- Messaging (AMQ, Kafka, JMS, and AMQP) (pré).
- CI/CD (Maven, Azure DevOps, and ArgoCD) (pré).
- Enterprise Integration Patterns (Hohpe & Woolf) (pré).
You get this
- € 4262 to € 5934 gross per month (Scale 11).
- 8,33 % fixed bonus at the end of the year.
- An NS Business Card that fully reimburses travel by public transport to and from work.
- An iPhone 14 or Samsung Galaxy S21. The choice is yours.
- Participation in the ABP pension fund.
These are just some of our terms of employment that come with this position (based on a 36-hour work week). Schiphol Group has even more to offer you. For the complete overview of all terms and conditions of employment, please visit Arbeidsvoorwaarden van Schiphol | Schiphol (werkenbijschiphol.nl).
About the Team
The IT & Data department is creating the airport of the future. We do this using the smartest digital solutions, tools and applications. With state-of-the-art technology, we keep the airport running. Our enthusiastic team works on data-driven improvements in our processes, traveller flows and information provision. This is how we contribute to the best possible experience for travellers, customers and employees at and around the airport.
Choose your destination
What are your talents? What dreams do you have? What is your story? We are curious about you and invite you to apply. You can apply by sharing your motivation and resume with us via the application button below.
- Do you have questions about the content of this position? Ask Roel Donker (Tech Lead) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do you have questions about the application process? Ask Jesse Topelberg (Recruiter) at email@example.com.
- An assessment may be part of the process.
- For more information about applying for a job at Schiphol Group: Sollicitatieproces - Werken bij Schiphol Group.
- For the safety of our travelers and colleagues, a VOG (certificate of conduct) is always part of the process.
About Schiphol Group
With 3,000 proud colleagues, we go the extra mile to connect the Netherlands with the rest of the world in the best possible way. Innovation, safety and cooperation are at the forefront. Together we give more meaning to travel and contribute to the economy and society. For more than 100 years. In the Netherlands and beyond. By the way, did you know that:
- ... Schiphol Group owns and operates Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, Rotterdam The Hague Airport and Lelystad Airport? We also have a majority stake in Eindhoven Airport.
- ... Schiphol Airport had over 25.5 million passengers in 2021?
- ... you are strengthening the IT & Data business area as a Platform Engineer?