Nice to know (you)
- As a medior Data Engineer Data Factory, you will closely together with our Core Data Platform team, various (internal) business stakeholders and multiple data providers.
- The Data & Analytics team oversees the strategic use of AI, data and applied data science across the Schiphol Group to identify growth opportunities and areas for innovation with new data products and services.
- Together with 3,000 proud colleagues, we work towards our mission to be 'the world's most sustainable and high-quality airports'.
Connecting your world
As a medior Data Engineer Data Factory, you will help us build a production grade cloud environment. This is how you connect the Netherlands with the rest of the world. How you realise this is up to you. At Schiphol Group, we trust that you convert your talents into action in order to achieve the following goals:
- Identifying the integration requirements of several data sources.
- Designing, implementing, and testing cloud based (Azure) data intensive applications.
- Collaborating with Lead Engineers, Data Architects & Enterprise Architects for technical solutions.
- Helping team members.
You've got this
For this role, you take charge, make decisions, and take responsibility. You are a worthy sparring partner for the business. In addition to this you also have:
- At least 2 years of experience running data driven solutions, including deployment and management of data-pipelines in production.
- Scala/Java/Kotlin experience.
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of the Dutch language is a plus.
- Knowledge of Kafka, Azure EventHub, Pravega or Pulsar (we currently use Kafka).
- Knowledge of data processing frameworks such as Kafka Connect, Kafka Streams, Spark, Flink, Beam, implementing both batch and streaming pipelines (we currently use Kafka Connect and Spark).
- Working experience with the latest DevOps technologies i.e., Kubernetes, OpenShift, Docker, Helm, etc.
- Experience setting up logging and monitoring (we currently use Splunk, OpenTelemetry).
- Experience with Microsoft Azure or another cloud provider.
You get this
- A salary ranging from € 4,743 to € 6,581 (scale 12).
- An 8.33% fixed allowance at the end of the year.
- An iPhone 14 or Samsung Galaxy S22. Your choice!
- Participation in the ABP pension fund.
These are just a few of all the employment conditions that come with this position (based on a 36-hour working week). Schiphol Group has even more to offer you. For the total overview of all employment conditions, please visit Arbeidsvoorwaarden - Werken bij Schiphol Group.
About the Team
The IT & Data department is creating the airport of the future. We do this using the smartest digital solutions, tools and applications. With state-of-the-art technology, we keep the airport running. Our enthusiastic team works on data-driven improvements in our processes, traveller flows and information provision. This is how we contribute to the best possible experience for travellers, customers and employees at and around the airport.
The Central Data Factory team is a team of data engineers within D&A, whose primary purpose is to establish robust data pipelines for retrieving data from internal and external sources, and eventually send it to the Core Data Platform. The team works closely with different departments within Schiphol, some of them are AI, BI, IoT, Data Governance and some more.
Choose your destination
What are your talents? What are your dreams? What's your story? We're curious about you and would like to invite you to apply for a job here. Send us your CV and motivation by clicking on the apply button below.
- Do you have any questions about the position or the application process? Get in touch with Mark Blesma, via email@example.com.
- An assessment may be part of the process.
- For more information about applying at Schiphol Group: www.werkenbijschiphol/procedure.
- For the safety of our passengers and colleagues, an AIVD security screening (VGB B civil aviation) may be part of the recruitment process.
About Schiphol Group
3,000 colleagues go the extra mile to connect the Netherlands with the rest of the world in the best possible way. Innovation, safety and cooperation are all top priorities. This is how we support the economy and people, both in the Netherlands and beyond. By the way, did you know that:
- … there were 266,967 aircraft movements at Schiphol in 2021?
- … 104 different airlines fly from Schiphol Airport?
- … as a medior Data Engineer Data Factory you will join the IT & Data business area?