Royal Schiphol group
Royal Schiphol Group brings the world within reach. We connect the Netherlands with the rest of the world, creating value for the economy and society. Achieving this involves over 2,000 employees working 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our ambition is to develop Schiphol into Europe’s best hub Airport, both for passengers and for airlines. Data is key to achieve this ambition, enabling business intelligence, advanced analytics and smart technologies such as AI (artificial intelligence) that have become crucial for the safety and efficiency in our daily operations. We also use the data and AI to improve the quality of service for the 71.1 million passengers traveling through our airports every year. Having actionable data and meaningful insights is critical for any business. Our Schiphol strategic ambition is clear: we want to use data to improve the quality of our services, network and lives.
At the Royal Schiphol Group, we have established a Data, AI & Analytics department (DnA), tasked with accelerating our group-wide transition to a truly data-driven organization. This department drives the data driven transformation on Schiphol by enabling and transforming the business through relevant data products. The DnA department includes central data teams responsible for our data foundation as well as providing scalable, governed data services and our data products organization focused on together with our business platforms transforming Schiphol to be a better place through the use of data.
What will you do as a Data Lead? (S&SE)
In the position of Data Lead S&SE (Safety & Security) you are responsible for driving the data transformation of the Safety and Security domain. This domain for example encompasses our fire department but also our passenger security screening process where we’ve seen large challenges in the previous year. To this end you’ll together with the business form the strategic direction for making your domain more data-driven and organize to do so most effectively. You are a partner to the business for really improving their operations with data, analytics and AI solutions. Therefore, you’ll formally report to DnA but will functionally also be part of the strategical team of the S&SE IT team. This role is evolving and we also expect you to shape the collaboration model going forward creating a thighter integration between DnA and our S&SE IT team.
As data lead we expect you to take on a leading role in the digital transformation. This means you’ll be working independently and be able to lead your own teams and correct course where needed to ensure results. You’ll be functionally leading multiple teams in collaboration with your business domain. For example, one of your teams focusses on the passenger cabin baggage screening process where you are ultimately responsible making sure this team is makes sure we have a safe operation without any of the previous seen queues.
As key contributions to the security domain we expect you to:
- Lead the vision of S&SE on the use of data and digital transformation;
- Lead the development of Data, AI and Analytics solutions. Together with the technologies provided by the rest of the S&SE IT team this forms our technology offering towards the Saftey and Security organization;
- Proactively steer on driving value and transformation through the solutions developed by making this visible and measurable;
- Contribute to transitioning from a run & control focused mindset towards an innovate & run mindset in the S&SE organization;
- Organize the Data, AI and Analytics capabilities as integral part of our Safety and Security department and lead the further collaboration of our DnA and S&SE departments.
Towards the teams we expect you to:
- Help them have a customer centric approach, i.e. help them fall in love with solving the business problems and not only the data solutions;
- Provide clear direction on our purpose as data and set boundaries for the teams within which they’ll have the freedom to best help our customers;
- Maturing them, both in the way how they organize as well in the way they shape our digital transformation.
As a next-generation data professional you have a clear vision, courage and focus. Innovation and agile working are an absolute priority. You improve yourself every day so that you can be the best. You are introspective and resilient. You believe that creating a good atmosphere is essential for a successful, respectful and welcoming workplace. Your natural approachability enables you to connect with people. You are passionate about your work, and are curious and open to new developments, with a mindset keyed to possibilities and opportunities. If you also have the following qualifications, then we look forward to receiving your application!
- Deep affinity with data and innovation is a must. Therefore, we require minimal 10 year of experience working in a data centric role connected to Business Intelligence, Artificial Intelligence, Advanced analytics or Innovation;
- Minimal 8 year of experience in a leadership role, a few of which of managing multiple scrum teams (e.g. product manager, head of product);
- Experience with data-driven transformation;
- Experience with product management and product ownership;
- Experience with fact-based performance management and steering based on KPI’s;
- You are customer focused, results oriented and are driven by making Schiphol a better place through data;
- You have a MSc or higher in a business or STEM related field, preferably added with additional education afterwards focused towards transformation.
- A competitive salary ranging from € 5.377,- and € 7.558,- based on 36 hours (scale 14) depending on your knowledge and experience;
- 8,33% fixed end of the year bonus;
- Schiphol Go allows you to decide for yourself how you travel to and from work;
- We encourage travelling by public transport, which is why you will receive an NS Business Card;
- Smartphone, choice of iPhone 13 or Samsung Galaxy S21;
- Flexible working hours for an optimal work-life balance with a home-work allowance;
- We give you room for development on a professional and personal level. For example, there is a personal sustainable employability budget (DIB) of 2% for training, coaching, sports and leave;
- We promote an inclusive culture, which is why you are entitled to two diversity days, to be used on any day (including holidays).
Do you recognize yourself in the above and does the vacancy appeal to you? Then we look forward to receiving your application. Send your motivation letter and CV online via the application button.
For additional information about this vacancy please contact our People Lead, Evelien Vleems via email@example.com. Do you have questions about the recruitment process? Please contact our recruiter Mark Blesma via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: an AIVD security screening (VGB B-Civil Aviation) is part of the onboarding.