Nice to know (you)
- At one of the world's premier airports, as a Data Platform Solution Architect you will be responsible for designing and documenting sustainable data solutions.
- The Data Platform team is at the heart of the DnA department, delivering trusted certified data to Schiphol and beyond.
- Together with 3,000 proud colleagues, we work towards our mission to be 'the world's most sustainable and high-quality airports'.
Connecting your world
As Solution Architect you work with the whole of the Data, AI & Analytics department to provide the architectural support in building a modern data platform and modern data solutions. How you make this happen? That's up to you. At Schiphol Group, we have confidence in your talents like finding a solution to every problem and the way in which you use them as a Solution Architect.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Set up and maintain architecture designs and architecture patterns for the Data & Analytics Platform.
- Monitor the architectural principles of the enterprise and the domain in the development of solutions.
- Draw up architectural documentation.
- Work as a team player with fellow architects, developers, security specialists and engineers and translate business requirements into a solution that can be implemented immediately and fits the architectural frameworks.
- Take care of data quality assurance in the Data & Analytics Platform.
- Align the architecture of the Data & Analytics Platform with other data platforms, environments and initiatives within Schiphol Group.
- Set out management and development guidelines for the Data & Analytics Platform.
You've got this
For this role, you take charge, make decisions, and take responsibility. You are a worthy sparring partner for the business. In addition to this you also have:
- At least 3 years of demonstrably relevant experience in developing and integrating architectures and advising development teams, line managers and senior managers, with a focus on AI, Analytics and/or BI.
- Sound knowledge of both complex, data-intensive IT landscapes and business operations.
- The ability to advise on the construction of new digital functionality based on experience.
- Knowledge about and experience in the integral coherence of Azure, ADLS, Kafka, (Cloud) Data Warehousing and accessing event and machine data.
- Knowledge of (big) data techniques for visualisation, data modelling, presentation, data management, collection and storage.
- Knowledge and experience of streaming platforms like Apache Kafka.
- Good spoken and written command of both English and Dutch.
- Knowledge and experience of architecture frameworks like Archimate and TOGAF is recommended.
You get this
- A competitive salary ranging from € 5.010,- and € 6.949,- based on 36 hours (scale 13) depending on your knowledge and experience.
- An 8,33 % fixed allowance at the end of the year.
- An iPhone 13 or Samsung Galaxy S21. Your choice!
- Participation in the ABP pension fund.
These are just a few of all the employment conditions that come with this position (based on a 36-hour working week). Schiphol Group has even more to offer you. For the total overview of all employment conditions, please visit Arbeidsvoorwaarden - Werken bij Schiphol Group.
About the Team
Within the Data, Analytics & AI department (DnA) we are building our center of excellence for data and data analytics, which are the driving force behind a data-driven culture, data governance & quality frameworks, our BI function and the close connection with IT on a future-proof data infrastructure.
Schiphol is currently working with an Data and Analytics Platform designed to accelerate the process of generating advanced insights for the organization. The emphasis of this process is on control and quality assurance of the data that is made accessible. One key objective of the Data & Analytics Platform is to offer data services to all parties that impact the journey of both passengers and airlines.
The emphasis in this role is on Big Data / Data Lake platforms in the cloud, Data Cataloguing, (Advanced) Analytics and full utilisation of these resources to provide data propositions and services.
Choose your destination
What are your talents? What are your dreams? What's your story? We're curious about you and would like to invite you to apply for a job here. Send us your CV and motivation by clicking on the apply button below.
- Do you have any questions about the position or the application process? Get in touch with Mark Blesma, Recruiter at email@example.com or 0654660569.
- An assessment may be part of the process.
- For more information about applying at Schiphol Group: www.werkenbijschiphol/procedure.
- For the safety of our passengers and colleagues, an AIVD security screening (VGB B civil aviation) is always part of the recruitment process.
About Schiphol Group
3,000 colleagues go the extra mile to connect the Netherlands with the rest of the world in the best possible way. Innovation, safety and cooperation are all top priorities. This is how we support the economy and people, both in the Netherlands and beyond. By the way, did you know that:
- … There were 266,967 aircraft movements at Schiphol in 2021?
- … 104 airlines fly from Schiphol Airport?
- … as Solution Architect you will join the DnA department?