Schiphol has set forth the ambition to become a data driven organization. The Central Data Platform, developed by the Data and Analytics Departments, plays a central role in this ambition. With the help of data, we can organize our daily processes smarter, more efficiently and more effectively. The various business domains of Schiphol are taking exciting steps to become even more data driven, supporting the vision of becoming an autonomous airport. This journey is not without its challenges: the quality and availability of data are critical for success. The organization must understand the quality of our data, so they can trust our data products and improve their processes to become that autonomous airport. Data quality has been labeled as a key deliverable for 2023 within Schiphol.
For our Data Quality Team, we are looking for a Data Quality Engineer who will be working on visualizing our data quality insights. You will be responsible for translating the outcome of data quality checks into intuitive dashboards which assist the business in improving the data quality. Together with the backend developers you will develop our fully custom made data quality tool, which will feed the data quality dashboard and our Enterprise Data Catalog (Collibra).
You just love building and improving dashboards that help users in doing their work more effectively. You are passionate about translating abstract concepts to tangible visualizations. You are interested in making the BI solutions scalable by improving the datamart and optimizing the code in the dashboard itself. You understand the importance of data quality for an organization and have experience in data quality concepts and tooling. You are eager to learn and understand how our data quality processes and tooling works under the hood. You have strong communication skills, are open to other people's opinions and you like to work closely with other disciplines in order to achieve the best results. You show ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical users.
Your support is critical in making sure that we can trust our data and data products. You do this by setting up the monitoring of the underlying data quality. You highlight the main data quality issues in your dashboards and make sure that the right actions are advised for improving the data quality. Decisions made based on data will be more meaningful, more reliable and more impactful because of the data quality insights you create. With this, you help our organization to come one step closer to the ambition of an autonomous airport.
You will work on a great diversity of datasets and data problems. To give you an idea:
- Giving insight on the accuracy of the number of passengers on our airports at different moments in time (30 days before flight, day of flight, day after flight, etc.);
- Visualizing the key data issues with our flight information system and create intersections per aircraft, handler, gate, month, etc. to pinpoint the key areas for improvement.
- Enthusiastic and proactive personality with a data driven mindset;
- Microsoft Power BI does not have any secrets for you;
- Knowledge of data quality concepts and tooling;
- You have experience with data modelling and setting up datamarts;
- You are open for the tech talk and eager to learn how a data quality tool and process works;
- You have experience with collecting and structuring the required information to set up a high-quality dashboard;
- Organizing and facilitating workshop with DQ experts/data consultants/data owners;
- Understanding which DQ insights are key for improving overall DQ;
- Experience in working out requirements for dashboards and translating this into a design.
Nice to have:
- Experience with building a data quality tool;
- Experience with Collibra;
- Experience with DAR (Design, Analysis, Report) principles;
- Experience with Python.
- A competitive salary ranging from € 4.594,- and € 6.374,- based on 36 hours (scale 12) depending on your knowledge and experience;
- 8,33% fixed end of the year bonus;
- Schiphol Go allows you to decide for yourself how you travel to and from work;
- We encourage travelling by public transport, which is why you will receive an NS Business Card;
- Smartphone, choice of iPhone 13 or Samsung Galaxy S21;
- Flexible working hours for an optimal work-life balance with a home-work allowance;
- We give you room for development on a professional and personal level. For example, there is a personal sustainable employability budget (DIB) of 2% for training, coaching, sports and leave;
- We promote an inclusive culture, which is why you are entitled to two diversity days, to be used on any day (including holidays).
Do you recognize yourself in the above and does the vacancy appeal to you? Then we look forward to receiving your application. Send your motivation letter and CV online via the application button.
For additional information about this vacancy please contact our recruiter Mark Blesma via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: an AIVD security screening (VGB B-Civil Aviation) is part of the onboarding.