Nice to know (you)
- Data quality has been labeled as a key deliverable for 2023 within Schiphol. The organization must understand the quality of our data, so they can trust our data products and improve their processes to become that autonomous airport.
- Together with 3,000 proud colleagues, we work towards our mission to be 'the world's most sustainable and high-quality airports'.
- The Data&Analytics team oversees the strategic use of AI, data and applied data science across the Royal Schiphol Group to identify growth opportunities and areas for innovation with new data products and services.
Connecting your world
For our Data Quality Team, we are looking for a Data Quality Engineer who will be working on visualizing our data quality insights. You can help connect the Netherlands with the rest of the world. How you make this happen? That's up to you. At Schiphol Group, we have confidence in your talents like finding a solution to every problem and the way in which you use them as Data Quality Engineer in the Data & Analytics department.
You will be responsible for translating the outcome of data quality checks into intuitive dashboards which assist the business in improving the data quality. Together with the backend developers you will develop our fully custom made data quality tool, which will feed the data quality dashboard and our Enterprise Data Catalog (Collibra).
About Schiphol Group
3,000 colleagues go the extra mile to connect the Netherlands with the rest of the world in the best possible way. Innovation, safety and cooperation are all top priorities. This is how we support the economy and people, both in the Netherlands and beyond. By the way, did you know that:
- … There were 266,967 aircraft movements at Schiphol in 2021?
- … 104 airlines fly from Schiphol Airport?
- … Schiphol Airport saw 25.5 million passengers in 2021?
About the team
The IT & Data department is creating the airport of the future. We do this using the smartest digital solutions, tools and applications. With state-of-the-art technology, we keep the airport running. Our enthusiastic team works on data-driven improvements in our processes, traveller flows and information provision. This is how we contribute to the best possible experience for travellers, customers and employees at and around the airport.
Your support is critical in making sure that we can trust our data and data products. You do this by setting up the monitoring of the underlying data quality. With this, you help our organization to come one step closer to the ambition of an autonomous airport.
You will work on a great diversity of datasets and data problems. To give you an idea:
- Giving insight on the accuracy of the number of passengers on our airports at different moments in time (30 days before flight, day of flight, day after flight, etc.);
- Visualizing the key data issues with our flight information system and create intersections per aircraft, handler, gate, month, etc. to pinpoint the key areas for improvement.
You've got this
- Enthusiastic and proactive personality with a data driven mindset.
- Microsoft Power BI does not have any secrets for you.
- Knowledge of data quality concepts and tooling.
- You have experience with data modelling and setting up datamarts.
- Understanding which DQ insights are key for improving overall DQ.
Nice to have:
- Experience with building a data quality tool;
- Experience with Collibra;
- Experience with DAR (Design, Analysis, Report) principles;
- Experience with Python.
You get this
- A competitive salary ranging from € 4.594,- and € 6.374,- based on 36 hours (scale 12) depending on your knowledge and experience.
- An 8,33 % fixed allowance at the end of the year.
- An iPhone 13 or Samsung Galaxy S21. Your choice!
- Participation in the ABP pension fund.
These are just a few of all the employment conditions that come with this position (based on a 36-hour working week). Schiphol Group has even more to offer you. For the total overview of all employment conditions, please visit Arbeidsvoorwaarden - Werken bij Schiphol Group.
Choose your destination
What are your talents? What are your dreams? What's your story? We're curious about you and would like to invite you to apply for a job here. Send us your CV and motivation by clicking on the apply button below.
- Do you have any questions about the position or the application process? Get in touch with Mark Blesma, Recruiter at email@example.com or 0654660569.
- An assessment may be part of the process.
- For more information about applying at Schiphol Group: www.werkenbijschiphol/procedure.
- For the safety of our passengers and colleagues, an AIVD security screening (VGB B civil aviation) is always part of the recruitment process.