Nice to know (you)
- We are looking for someone who is highly enthusiastic about Kafka and AMQ platforms and enjoys taking them to the next level.
- Here, you will have the freedom to work from wherever and whenever you prefer, along with receiving a net compensation if you choose to work from home.
- The team will support you in embarking on an exciting development journey to enhance your expertise in the technologies we utilize and that excite you. Moreover, you will have the opportunity to delve into techniques such as Ansible, Terraform, and Azure DevOps.
Connecting your world
As an Integration Engineer working alongside the platform developers, your main responsibilities will include adding new functionalities and maintaining the existing infrastructure to ensure seamless connections between the Netherlands and the rest of the world. How you achieve results within this role is up to you. As our Integration Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Developing the Confluent Kafka platform using Terraform, Azure DevOps, and Ansible.
- Developing the AMQ platform using Azure, Terraform, Azure DevOps, Ansible, and Python.
- Providing support to users during the onboarding process onto the platform and offering ongoing support.
- Participating in stand-by duties approximately once every 5 to 6 weeks to resolve any potential disruptions.
Within ET (Enterprise Technology) at Schiphol Group, Platform Services is the team responsible for managing the platforms used by Schiphol developers, including managed Kubernetes, Azure DevOps, and Confluent Kafka. The team continuously evaluates and adjusts the platform list to cater to the needs of developers.
As the team is rapidly expanding, it consists of focus groups, namely Applications and Foundation. Foundation focuses on core platforms like Kubernetes and CI/CD, while Applications concentrates on Kafka and AMQ.
Operating as a DevOps team, Platform Services follows the SCRUM methodology to deliver efficient and collaborative solutions.
About Schiphol Group
About the team
The IT & Data department is creating the airport of the future. We do this using the smartest digital solutions, tools and applications. With state-of-the-art technology, we keep the airport running. Our enthusiastic team works on data-driven improvements in our processes, traveller flows and information provision. This is how we contribute to the best possible experience for travellers, customers and employees at and around the airport.
You've got this
For this role, showing interest in others and the ability to connect with different individuals are important qualities. Additionally, the following qualifications are required:
- Minimum of 1-year experience with Messaging based on Kafka and/or AMQ.
- Possess an Agile mindset, embracing the principles of flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability.
- Willingness to participate in stand-by duties.
- It is considered a plus if you have experience with cloud-native technologies such as CI/CD and Infrastructure as Code.
You get this
- A salary ranging from € 4,170,- and € 5,516,- based on 36 hours (scale 10).
- An 8,33 % fixed allowance at the end of the year.
- An iPhone 13 or Samsung Galaxy S21. Your choice!
- A working from home allowance of € 3.00 net per day.
- A NS-Business Card - all travel to and from work by public transport is paid for.
These are just a few of all the employment conditions that come with this position (based on a 36-hour working week). Schiphol Group has even more to offer you. For the total overview of all employment conditions, please visit www.werkenbijschiphol.nl/arbeidsvoorwaarden
Choose your destination
What are your talents? What are your dreams? What's your story? We're curious about you and would like to invite you to apply for a job here. Send us your CV and motivation by clicking on the apply button below.
- Do you have questions about the application process? Contact Jesse Topelberg, by sending a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For more information about applying at Schiphol Group: www.werkenbijschiphol/procedure.
- For the safety of our passengers and colleagues, an AIVD security screening (VGB B civil aviation) is always part of the recruitment process.