Nice to know (you)
- As a Java Backend Developer, you will make a substantial contribution to the current and next generation of mission-critical systems at Schiphol! The technology stack of these IT platforms will be modernized to meet the strategic IT goals of ‘Flexibility & Reliability’.
- Team Flight Information is the central point where all flight information comes together. We take responsibility for the quality, storage and exchange of flight information through the sector.
- Together with 3,000 proud colleagues, we work towards our mission to be 'the world's most sustainable and high-quality airports'.
Connecting your world
Several platform components are being replaced by new middleware and the infrastructure must be made hybrid cloud-ready (i.e. containerization). You can help connect the Netherlands with the rest of the world. How you make this happen? That's up to you. At Schiphol Group, we have confidence in your talents like how you connect with others and the way in which you use them as Java Backend Developer in the Business Platform Operations department to achieve the following goals:
- Refactoring applications to align with new technologies and improve maintainability.
- Developing new features to support business processes.
- Developing event-based distributed systems.
- Developing features in Java for test automation.
- Setting up and executing application provisioning in a high-available DTAP environment.
- Running with the team the 24/7 production support shifts.
You've got this
For this job you want to get better every day and you always come up with solutions, new ideas. On top of that, you:
- Are experienced with feature development in Spring Framework, Java and JBoss EAP.
- Write readable, testable and robust code is a constant in your daily work.
- Are comfortable working with Azure DevOps.
- Have experience with Webservices / RESTful APIs and/or Apache Camel as icing on the cake.
- Have experience working in an Agile team.
- Are capable of working independently while also enjoy pairing with other developers.
You get this
- A competitive salary ranging from € 4.594 and € 6.374 based on 36 hours (scale 12) depending on your knowledge and experience.
- An 8,33 % fixed allowance at the end of the year.
- An iPhone 13 or Samsung Galaxy S21. Your choice!
- Participation in the ABP pension fund.
These are just a few of all the employment conditions that come with this position (based on a 36-hour working week). Schiphol Group has even more to offer you. For the total overview of all employment conditions, please visit Arbeidsvoorwaarden - Werken bij Schiphol Group.
About the Team
Airport Operations & Aviation Partnerships is the focal point of Schiphol Group. Together with 909 dedicated colleagues, we are responsible for the infrastructure that ensures that the arrival and departure of travellers, baggage and cargo runs as smoothly as possible. Reliable, safe and efficient.
Choose your destination
What are your talents? What are your dreams? What's your story? We're curious about you and would like to invite you to apply for a job here. Send us your CV and motivation by clicking on the apply button below.
- Do you have any questions about the position or the application process? Get in touch with Mark Blesma, Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org or +316 54 660 569.
- An assessment may be part of the process.
- For more information about applying at Schiphol Group: www.werkenbijschiphol/procedure.
For the safety of our passengers and colleagues, an AIVD security screening (VGB B civil aviation) is always part of the recruitment process.
About Schiphol Group
3,000 colleagues go the extra mile to connect the Netherlands with the rest of the world in the best possible way. Innovation, safety and cooperation are all top priorities. This is how we support the economy and people, both in the Netherlands and beyond. By the way, did you know that:
- … There were 266,967 aircraft movements at Schiphol in 2022?
- … 104 airlines fly from Schiphol Airport?
- … Schiphol Airport saw 25.5 million passengers in 2022?