Nice to know (you)
- At one of the world's premier airports, as a Lead Data Engineer Data Platform you will be responsible for leading the Data Platform Engineering efforts of the team.
- In this role, you will be a part of the bigger Core Data Platform team to provide the technical support and team leadership building a modern data platform.
- The Data Platform team is at the heart of the DnA department, delivering trusted certified data to Schiphol and beyond.
Connecting your world
You will guide and coach the data engineers (+/- 22 FTE) in the teams, set technical standards and best practices, ensure high performance along with scalability, and create an optimal work climate where every team member can excel. That is how you help connect the Netherlands with the rest of the world. How you do this? That is up to you. At the Schiphol Group we trust in your talents, such as your ability to connect with others. In summary, as a Lead Data Engineer CDP you will work according to the following six overarching principles:
- Keep it running, always: Ensure the team runs smoothly, both today and in the future, by ensuring availability of both systems and people.
- Work smarter, not harder: Look for ways to improve the team's efficiency, aligning the process with the DnA mission and vison and manage the team's skills, results and well-being.
- Developing tomorrow's tech today: Implement guardrails to guide the team along the DnA strategy, identify key innovations needed, and motivate the team to innovate to dominate.
- High quality, every time: Ensure the team employs best practices for high quality code, and standardize where needed to create a consistent, high quality code base.
- Is it used, or useless: maximize the usability of the team's work, create awareness, provide training, and increase adoption by understanding what the business needs now and in the future.
- Collaborate for success: you and the team are part of a bigger goal and whole, your view expands beyond the team by collaborating with peers, leads, architects and other relevant stakeholders.
You've got this
In this role you create change and encourage others to embrace change. Also, you take control and responsibility over choices. Other than that you have:
- You have a Bachelors and/or a Master’s degree in a relevant field (e.g. Computer Science, Business Informatics.).
- You have demonstrated leadership capabilities, for example by fulfilling a senior role in a mid-sized team or taking on scrum master responsibilities.
- You have a clear view on how to mentor and coach a growing development team.
- You have at least 4 years of experience building an enterprise data platform, including deployment and management of data-pipelines in production.
- Proven experience with data modelling and implementing data architectures.
- Strong SQL/Scala/Python experience, we would prefer someone with more than 4+ years hands-on experience with at least SQL, and Python is a strong plus.
- Experience with data-streaming platforms (Kafka).
- Experience with Apache Spark and DataBricks.
- Experience with Cloud platforms (Azure).
- Experience with at least one of the big data technologies (hadoop, cassandra, emr, spark, avro, parquet, hive).
You get this
- € 5.377 tot € 7.558 gross per month (scale 14).
- 8,33% bonus at the end of the year.
- a working from home allowance of €3.00 net per day.
- A NS-Business Card - all travel to and from work by public transport is paid for.
- The possibility of leasing a bicyle (also electric bike.
These are just a few of all the employment conditions that come with this position (based on a 36-hour working week). Schiphol Group has even more to offer you. For the total overview of all employment conditions, please visit Arbeidsvoorwaarden - Werken bij Schiphol Group.
About the Team
The IT & Data department is creating the airport of the future. We do this using the smartest digital solutions, tools and applications. With state-of-the-art technology, we keep the airport running. Our enthusiastic team works on data-driven improvements in our processes, traveller flows and information provision. This is how we contribute to the best possible experience for travellers, customers and employees at and around the airport.
Choose your destination
What are your talents? What are your dreams? What's your story? We're curious about you and would like to invite you to apply for a job here. Send us your CV and motivation by clicking on the apply button below.
- do you have questions about the application process? Contact Mark Blesma, by sending a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- for more information about applying at Schiphol Group: www.werkenbijschiphol/procedure.
- for the safety of our passengers and colleagues, an AIVD security screening (VGB B civil aviation) is always part of the recruitment process.
About Schiphol Group
3.000 colleagues go the extra mile to connect the Netherlands with the rest of the world in the best possible way. Innovation, safety and cooperation are all top priorities. This is how we support the economy and people, both in the Netherlands and beyond. By the way, did you know that:
- Schiphol Group owns and runs Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, Rotterdam The Hague Airport and Lelystad Airport? We also have a majority stake in Eindhoven Airport.
- … there were 266,967 aircraft movements at Schiphol in 2021?
- ... as Lead Data Engineer CDP you will be joining the IT & Data Business Area?