Nice to know (you)
- With the Core Data Platform team, we lay the data foundation for our data and Schiphol colleagues to act on.
- The Data & Analytics team oversees the strategic use of AI, data and applied data science across the Schiphol Group to identify growth opportunities and areas for innovation with new data products and services.
- Together with 3,000 proud colleagues, we work towards our mission to be 'the world's most sustainable and high-quality airports'.
Connecting your world
As a Scala Developer CDP, you ensure there is reliable and timely data. This is how you connect the Netherlands with the rest of the world. The exact realisation is up to you. At Schiphol Group, we trust that you convert your talents into action in order to achieve the following goals:
- Developing new delivery mechanism to serve our data customers.
- Making sure that our data is of the proper quality.
You've got this
For this role, you take charge, make decisions, and take responsibility. You are a worthy sparring partner for the business. In addition to this you also have:
- A BSc or MSc in a relevant field (e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics etc.).
- Aat least 5 years of experience in developing software systems of which at least half in distributed data environment.
- Experience in deployment and management of data-pipelines.
- Strong Java/Scala experience, we would prefer someone with 2+ years hands-on experience with at least: Kafka (or Azure EventHub) or Spark.
- recognition of the importance of logging and monitoring (we currently use DataDog, but are migrating to Splunk).
- At least two year experience with Microsoft Azure (AWS, GCP are fine too).
- Comfort in working with latest DevOps principles like CICD, containers and orchestration.
- Professional experience with Scrum.
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of the Dutch language is a plus.
You get this
- A salary ranging from € 4,594,- to € 6,374,- (scale 12).
- An 8.33% fixed allowance at the end of the year.
- An iPhone 14 or Samsung Galaxy S22. Your choice!
- Participation in the ABP pension fund.
These are just a few of all the employment conditions that come with this position (based on a 36-hour working week). Schiphol Group has even more to offer you. For the total overview of all employment conditions, please visit Arbeidsvoorwaarden - Werken bij Schiphol Group.
About the Team
The IT & Data department is creating the airport of the future. We do this using the smartest digital solutions, tools and applications. With state-of-the-art technology, we keep the airport running. Our enthusiastic team works on data-driven improvements in our processes, traveller flows and information provision. This is how we contribute to the best possible experience for travellers, customers and employees at and around the airport.
Choose your destination
What are your talents? What are your dreams? What's your story? We're curious about you and would like to invite you to apply for a job here. Send us your CV and motivation by clicking on the apply button below.
- Do you have any questions about the position or the application process? Get in touch with Mark Blesma, via email@example.com.
- An assessment may be part of the process.
- For more information about applying at Schiphol Group: www.werkenbijschiphol/procedure.
- For the safety of our passengers and colleagues, an AIVD security screening (VGB B civil aviation) is always part of the recruitment process.
About Schiphol Group
3,000 colleagues go the extra mile to connect the Netherlands with the rest of the world in the best possible way. Innovation, safety and cooperation are all top priorities. This is how we support the economy and people, both in the Netherlands and beyond. By the way, did you know that:
- … There were 266,967 aircraft movements at Schiphol in 2021?
- … 104 airlines fly from Schiphol Airport?
- … as a BI developer you will join the IT & Data business area?