The Risk Officer at Royal Schiphol Group (RSG) is a senior business professional who plays a crucial role in managing risks and internal controls across the organization. With reporting lines to both the Director of Risk & Audit and the Director of IT & Data, the Risk Officer is responsible for supporting the company's ambition to develop and mature its risk management and internal control practices.
RSG is a key player in Dutch infrastructure and faces a wide range of risks that could potentially hinder its mission to connect the Netherlands in a safe, secure, sustainable, and financially robust manner. Risk management is therefore critical in ensuring that the company is sufficiently in control of its risks and opportunities.
As Risk Officer IT & Data, you will guide and support risk management and control practices in the IT & Data organization, ensuring that risk management becomes an explicit element of management's decision-making process. You will also be responsible for driving improvements in risk management practices at both the Operational Risk Management and Enterprise Risk Management levels, working closely with the IT & Data leadership team.
At RSG, risk management and internal controls are essential components of managing the business, and you will play a key role in ensuring that the company meets its obligations to stakeholders, complies with Dutch Corporate Governance legislation, and informs its stakeholders of its risk management practices through the annual report. As an ambassador for risk management and internal controls, you will help drive tangible, focused improvements and value for the organization.
IT & Data is critical to most of our operational processes and a driver for some of the strategic objectives. Reliability, continuous availability and improvement of IT & Data services is essential. This implies that risk awareness and good controls throughout the organisation needs to be top of mind. As risk officer IT & Data, you are part of various control focused boards (IB, KIBS), lead as a project manager the development and improvement of controls, are part of the CIO Office leadership team and align with CIO, senior manager CIO Office, CISO, IT auditor and perform certain internal reviews
The Risk Officer is an enthusiastic experienced risk professional. You are to:
- have demonstrable > 5 years relevant experience, in which you have worked in risk and risk related functions (ie: controls) and know the importance and value that good risk identification and relevant controls and action plans bring;
- have a completed Master of Science or similar education and relevant risk management training certifications, or audit/controller certification (RA/RO) and maintained permanent relevant education;
- have developed and implemented a risk and internal control vision, including required risk identification processes and key control frameworks, from program set up to fully embedding;
- have completed education related, or similar, to ITIL, COBIT and preferably have completed, or are studying for, register EDP auditor (RE);
- have demonstrable experience in control framework development and are aware of most relevant IT, Data and Cyber laws and regulation;
- have preferably worked in a capital intensive, operational, commercial and service minded business;
- be comfortable with connecting with peers, senior management and internal customers and have developed adequate influencing skills, having fluent and effective oral and written communication skills in Dutch and English;
- have a track record of collaborating as a team player with the business and peers in timely delivery of key risk management outcomes.
Overall, you are energetic, pro-active, structured, supportive yet challenge minded and have an independent mindset. Having a well-developed organizational sensitivity and natural, situational tuned, communication with various levels within the organization. You are self-confident, analytical, a team worker and a self-starter. You are not hesitant in expressing your professional opinion, sufficiently balancing stakeholders’ interests.
More in particular, you:
- know how to strike the delicate balance between being seen as someone who helps while prompting the other to take action;
- can manage relationships, also in light of the hub and spoke reporting lines;
- are able to distinguish between key and non-key and bring a practical yet effective approach that is acceptable and recognizable to the business also balancing trust and control, constructively challenge the business approach on bringing those key risks under control;
- are a good coordinator, planning and monitoring progress company-wide and will act hands-on when needed;
- deliver high quality communication and reporting;
- have a well-developed competency to link activities, controls and risks both within and across business areas.
- A competitive salary ranging from € 5.377, - to € 7.558,- based on 36 hours (scale 14) depending on your knowledge and experience;
- 8,33 % fixed end of the year bonus;
- Schiphol Go allows you to decide for yourself how you travel to and from work;
- We encourage travelling by public transport, which is why you will receive an NS Business Card;
- Smartphone, choice of iPhone 13 or Samsung Galaxy S21;
- Flexible working hours for an optimal work-life balance with a home-work allowance;
- We give you room for development on a professional and personal level. For example, there is a personal sustainable employability budget (for training, coaching, sports and leave);
- We promote an inclusive culture, which is why you are entitled to two diversity days, to be used on any day (including holidays);
- 2% Sustainable Employability Budget (DIB).
Further information on the position can be required from Ridder Ralph van der Hof (Ridder-Ralph.van.der.Hoff@schiphol.nl). If you have any further questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Mirjam van Mameren on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: an AIVD security screening (VGB B-Civil Aviation) is part of the onboarding.