The Junior Risk Officer is a key member of our central Risk Management (ERM) Team, responsible for supporting the company in managing risks and achieving its strategic objectives. You will be responsible for collaborating with teams across the organization to identify, assess and mitigate risks. You will also be responsible for developing and implementing risk management processes and controls and for providing regular reports and updates to management.
We have an obligation towards our stakeholders to manage these risk in an adequate and also in a demonstrable way, to keep our license to operate, to comply with the Dutch Corporate Governance Code and to inform our stakeholders e.g. by our annual report. Therefore risk management and internal control form an integral part of managing our business.
- Support the ERM process/cycle on a variety of topics;
- Collaborate with teams across the organization to identify, assess and mitigate risks;
- Develop and implement risk management processes and controls;
- Provide regular reports and updates to management.
- Completed Master of Science (MSc) or similar education;
- Risk management or controller certification (RO);
- Strong team player with the ability to switch between a variety of tasks;
- Strong communication skills in Dutch and English;
- Preferably internal operational experience in a specific business area/category.
You are energetic, pro-active, structured, supportive yet challenge minded and have an independent mindset. Having a well developed organizational sensitivity and natural, situational tuned, communication with various levels within the organization.
Additionally, you are able to distinguish between key and non-key and bring a practical yet effective approach. You are a good coordinator, planner and can deliver high quality communication and reporting. You have advanced MS office suit skills, in particular Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Excel and Word. This role offers opportunities for growth and development into a senior risk officer position or management role in the business.
- A competitive salary ranging from €3.946 - €5.494 euro based on 36 hours (scale 11) depending on your knowledge and experience;
- 6,75% fixed end of the year bonus;
- A variable participation allowance of up to 7.5%;
- Schiphol Go allows you to decide for yourself how you travel to and from work;
- We encourage travelling by public transport, which is why you will receive an NS Business Card;
- Smartphone, choice of iPhone 13 or Samsung Galaxy S21;
- Flexible working hours for an optimal work-life balance with a home-work allowance;
- We give you room for development on a professional and personal level. For example, there is a personal sustainable employability budget (for training, coaching, sports and leave);
- We promote an inclusive culture, which is why you are entitled to two diversity days, to be used on any day (including holidays);
- 2% Sustainable Employability Budget (DIB).
Do you recognize yourself in the above and does the vacancy appeal to you? Then we look forward to receiving your application. Send your motivation letter and CV online via the application button.
Do you have questions about the recruitment process? Please contact our corporate recruiter, Mirjam van Mameren via Mirjam.van.Mameren@schiphol.nl.
Please note: an AIVD security screening (VGB B-Civil Aviation) is part of the onboarding.