Nice to know (you)
- As a Senior Data Engineer Deep Turnaround, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining data pipelines and data infrastructure to support our AI solution (Deep Turnaround).
- Together with 3,000 proud colleagues, we work towards our mission to be 'the world's most sustainable and high-quality airports'.
- The Data&Analytics team oversees the strategic use of AI, data and applied data science across the Royal Schiphol Group to identify growth opportunities and areas for innovation with new data products and services.
Connecting your world
We are looking for a senior data engineer who collaborates closely with the team to design, build, optimize, scale, and maintain a modern data processing pipeline, ensuring that it meets our clients' needs. You can help connect the Netherlands with the rest of the world. How you make this happen? That's up to you. At Schiphol Group, we have confidence in your talents like finding a solution to every problem and the way in which you use them as a Senior Data Engineer Deep Turnaround.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that our data is of the highest quality and can be effectively utilized by our clients.
- Working closely with our machine learning experts, data scientists, and business developers to ensure that their requirements are met.
- Develop and maintain solutions using Azure cloud services.
About Schiphol Group
3,000 colleagues go the extra mile to connect the Netherlands with the rest of the world in the best possible way. Innovation, safety and cooperation are all top priorities. This is how we support the economy and people, both in the Netherlands and beyond. By the way, did you know that:
- … There were 266,967 aircraft movements at Schiphol in 2021?
- … 104 airlines fly from Schiphol Airport?
- … Schiphol Airport saw 25.5 million passengers in 2021?
About the team
The DnA team leverages AI, data, and applied data science to uncover growth opportunities and spearhead innovation across the group. We create new data products and services, uphold data governance and quality standards, maintain a centralized business intelligence function, and collaborate with IT to build a robust data infrastructure for the future.
You will join the team at an exciting time: the team has laid the groundwork for our solution as a SaaS-based cloud offering, and our first clients have already signed-up! You will get to bring in your experience to help us further optimize and scale-out our product to serve a global market.
Deep Turnaround uses "machine vision" (AI) to generate previously unknown data points on the aircraft turnaround process. You will collaborate with our domain experts to design and develop data products that have the potential to transform the aviation industry!
Our team works largely in a remote fashion. For this role, you must be based in the Netherlands.
You can read more about our solution here:
You've got this
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- Experience in data engineering and data warehousing, with a focus on cloud-based technologies.
- Software development experience.
- Strong proficiency in Azure cloud services and a solid understanding of data ingestion, data analytics, data management, data warehousing, and data pipeline optimization techniques.
- Proficient with containerization and orchestration technologies like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Proficient in streaming technologies, like Apache Kafka, or similar technologies.
- Proficient in data storage technologies, e.g., Object storage, RDBMS, and NoSQL.
- Experienced with DevOps platforms like Azure DevOps, GitLab, or similar.
- Experienced with Infrastructure as Code.
- You are fluent in the English language and preferably Dutch.
You get this
- A competitive salary ranging from € 5.010,- and € 6.949,- based on 36 hours (scale 13) depending on your knowledge and experience.
- An 8,33 % fixed allowance at the end of the year.
- An iPhone 13 or Samsung Galaxy S21. Your choice!
- Participation in the ABP pension fund.
These are just a few of all the employment conditions that come with this position (based on a 36-hour working week). Schiphol Group has even more to offer you. For the total overview of all employment conditions, please visit Arbeidsvoorwaarden - Werken bij Schiphol Group.
Choose your destination
What are your talents? What are your dreams? What's your story? We're curious about you and would like to invite you to apply for a job here. Send us your CV and motivation by clicking on the apply button below.
- Do you have any questions about the position or the application process? Get in touch with Mark Blesma, Recruiter at email@example.com or 0654660569.
- An assessment may be part of the process.
- For more information about applying at Schiphol Group: www.werkenbijschiphol/procedure.
- For the safety of our passengers and colleagues, an AIVD security screening (VGB B civil aviation) is always part of the recruitment process.