Royal Schiphol Group
Royal Schiphol Group brings the world within reach. We connect the Netherlands with the rest of the world, thus creating value for the economy and society. Achieving this involves over 2,000 employees working 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our ambition is to develop Schiphol into Europe’s Preferred Airport, both for passengers and for airlines.
Taking aviation safety to the next level
In 2017, Schiphol airport, air traffic control, airlines, ground handlers and refuelling services started a unique initiative to take the next step in their co-operation on safety. In an integral safety management system (ISMS) they jointly manage the common risks in the aviation operations at Schiphol. This is without precedent in aviation. Examples of these risks are runway incursions, ground movement risks, incidents / accidents at aprons, last minute runway changes, etc. This initiative is being implemented by the Integral Safety Office (ISO) which reports to the joint sector Safety Review Board. In order to realize risk based reduction of interface risks, we defined the brand new role of Senior Programme Manager Safety.
Your activities include the following:
- Steer joint incident investigations and joint risk analysis for change projects;
- Develop, maintain and apply methodologies for joint safety management;
- Develop and maintain the Roadmap Safety Improvement Schiphol;
- Support decision-making and administration in cross-sectoral taskforces;
- Work with the various companies at Schiphol airport;
- Ensure monitoring effectiveness of risk mitigations;
Your main results:
- Well-founded decisions by the top-management of the aviation sector about safety risks;
- Effective safety improvements, i.a. in Ground Handling;
- Contribute to risk reduction action by effective support of senior management in the sector;
- Being a convincing, inspiring sparring partner both internally and externally.
You are familiar with safety management methodologies and know how to get things done in a multi-organisation setting. You have knowledge of operational processes, a structured way of working and are able to quickly grasp complex challenges. Furthermore, you are understanding, yet convincing in your communication at all levels. Establishing good working relations is of utmost importance to you. You have a minimum of 5 years working experience in risk management including the development/improvement of methodologies. You worked in an operationally driven organization or were hired by such companies as a consultant. A Masters with 5 years of relevant experience, fluency in, both verbal and written, English and Dutch is a must have.
- A competitive salary ranging from € 5.377 and € 7.558 based on 36 hours (scale 14) depending on your knowledge and experience;
- 8,33% fixed end of the year bonus;
- Schiphol Go allows you to decide for yourself how you travel to and from work;
- We encourage travelling by public transport, which is why you will receive an NS Business Card;
- Smartphone, choice of iPhone 13 or Samsung Galaxy S21;
- Flexible working hours for an optimal work-life balance with a home-work allowance;
- We give you room for development on a professional and personal level. For example, there is a personal sustainable employability budget (for training, coaching, sports and leave);
- We promote an inclusive culture, which is why you are entitled to two diversity days, to be used on any day (including holidays);
- 2% Sustainable Employability Budget (DIB).
Should you have any questions, please feel free the contact Sinan Ural (email@example.com)