Nice to know (you)
- Join us at Enabling Technologies, where we're pioneering in a mission-critical environment, with a strong focus on quality and safety. Let's push technology boundaries together!
- 24/7 Connecting the Airport: Our Integration team powers seamless connections between the airport and partners round the clock.
- With 3,000 proud colleagues, we work toward our mission: "the world's most sustainable and high quality airports.
Connecting your world
As a Splunk Engineer you will play a vital role in designing, implementing and maintaining our Splunk platform. Your primary responsibility will be to ensure the efficient and secure collection, analysis and visualization of operational data. And how you approach this? That’s up to you. We trust in the way you want to get even better every day. You put your talents to work at:
- Design, implement, manage and improve Schiphol's Splunk platform.
- Develop and maintain data inputs, forwarders and custom scripts for data collection and forwarding.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across various airport departments to identify and implement data sources, data extraction and parsing requirements, supporting their specific needs.
- Create and optimize custom Splunk queries, dashboards and alerts for monitoring and troubleshooting, tailored to the unique requirements of different teams.
- Monitor the Splunk infrastructure, perform routine system maintenance, and troubleshoot issues as they arise.
- Ensure the security and compliance of the Splunk environment, including access controls, data protection, and retention policies, and assist other teams in adhering to these standards.
- Perform upgrades and updates to the Splunk platform, keeping it current with the latest features and security patches and assist in the integration of new technologies.
- Provide training and guidance to IT staff and end-users in other departments on best practices for using Splunk, fostering a collaborative and knowledge-sharing environment.
You've got this
Schiphol connects your world. With the best people, we make travel safe and responsible. You contribute to this by taking the initiative to make improvements. Also, you are the talent that is open to feedback and to new knowledge and information. In addition, for this position you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field.
- Proven experience (3+ years) working with Splunk, including design, implementation and maintenance.
- Splunk certification (e.g., Splunk Certified Administrator) is highly desirable.
- Strong knowledge of data collection, parsing and indexing strategies.
- Experience in scripting languages (e.g., Python, Shell) for automation and customization.
- Knowledge of IT security and compliance standards related to log management.
You get this
- € 4262 to € 5934 gross per month (Scale 11).
- 8,33 % fixed bonus at the end of the year.
- An NS Business Card that fully reimburses travel by public transportation to and from work.
- An iPhone 14 or Samsung Galaxy S21. The choice is yours.
- Participation in the ABP pension fund.
These are just some of our terms of employment that come with this position (based on a 36-hour work week). Schiphol Group has even more to offer you. For the complete overview of all terms and conditions of employment, please visit Arbeidsvoorwaarden van Schiphol | Schiphol (werkenbijschiphol.nl).
About the Team
The IT & Data department is creating the airport of the future. We do this using the smartest digital solutions, tools and applications. With state-of-the-art technology, we keep the airport running. Our enthusiastic team works on data-driven improvements in our processes, traveller flows and information provision. This is how we contribute to the best possible experience for travellers, customers and employees at and around the airport.
Choose your destination
What are your talents? What dreams do you have? What is your story? We are curious about you and invite you to apply. You can apply by sharing your motivation and resume with us via the application button below.
- Do you have any questions about the position? Get in touch with Lieke Kasper (People Lead) via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do you have questions about the application process? Contact Jesse Topelberg (Recruiter) via email@example.com.
- An assessment may be part of the process.
- For more information about applying at Schiphol Group: Job application process - Werken bij Schiphol Group.
- For the safety of our passengers and colleagues, an AIVD security screening (VGB B civil aviation) is always part of the recruitment process.
About Schiphol Group
With 3,000 proud colleagues, we go the extra mile to connect the Netherlands with the rest of the world in the best possible way. Innovation, safety and cooperation are at the forefront. Together we give more meaning to travel and contribute to the economy and society. For more than 100 years. In the Netherlands and beyond. By the way, did you know that:
- ... Schiphol Group owns and operates Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, Rotterdam The Hague Airport and Lelystad Airport? We also have a majority stake in Eindhoven Airport.
- ... Schiphol Airport had over 25.5 million passengers in 2021?
- ... you as a Splunk Engineer strengthen the business area IT & Data?