As a Strategic Data Analyst focusing on the Operations domain, you will be part of the Business Platform team Operations. This department has the objective to support, challenge and transform the operation with the use of technology and data. In the meantime you will work very closely together with the Data, AI & Analytics department (DnA), tasked with accelerating the group-wide transition to a truly data-driven organization. The Business Platform team Operations consists of four focus areas: data foundation, business continuity, digitalization and total airport management. Your work will come from all four focus area, where you focus on making the operation more data-driven.
What will you do as an Strategic Data Analyst?
As a Strategic Data Analyst – Operations you’ll support the operations department by providing insights and advising them how to improve the performance of their business processes with these insights. You will be working directly with people from operations, with whom you will prioritize and explore new opportunities for data. Next to that, you will derive insights that help our airport function safer, more sustainable and more efficient.
You will work on a great diversity of challenges around our airport and drive value realization of our data products to tackle these challenges:
- Working with airliners, handlers, Day to Day operations and our process owners to reduce turnaround delay by analyzing process performance and providing fact-based advice for improvements
- Have discussions with Operations leadership on implementing a new definition of the top performance indicator ‘On time performance’, guiding the technical development of this new definition and implementing it in the performance management framework
- Explore opportunities in the airside process for using data to improve on time performance of aircrafts
Many of the use-cases you’ll work on have a direct effect on the Airport and its passengers and when you look out of the window from your workplace, you’ll see your work in action.
As a Strategic Data Analyst, you will work closely with business stakeholders and the team of BI developers, data scientists and data analysts to:
- Understand the business and the levers they can turn to optimize their processes; in your conversations with the business, you help formulating the most relevant business- and analysis questions
- Lead a project or product team, set up plans for your projects and manage day-to-day progress
- Analyze requirements from the business and translate that into concrete work packages for the development teams
- Work with data analysts to create insight for the business, advice on next steps and uncover new possibilities based on your analyses
- Developing business and value cases
- Working out how the business can make use of data products, work with the Business to implement them as part of their business as usual
- Train the business in becoming more data literate and in using data products
As a next-generation professional you have a clear vision, courage and focus. Innovation and agile working are an absolute priority. If you also have the following qualifications, then we look forward to receiving your application!
Competencies and skills:
- MSc in a relevant field, like business analytics, business administration, economics, econometrics, etc.
- Good management skills, including stakeholder management, (agile) project management, expectation management and coaching
- Good social skills: interviewing and gathering requirements, storytelling with data, presenting outcomes
- Basic and broad understanding of data technology, like understanding the concepts of data engineering, data management, dashboarding, Analytics and AI
- Communicative skills: fluent in Dutch is a must. Knowledge of the English language is a plus.
- Entrepreneurial, responsible and with a contagious level of enthusiasm.
You are knowledgeable and have experience with:
- Experience in visualizing data and creating insights e.g. using dashboarding tooling or Excel/Think cell; some experience with python is a pre
- Experience with performance management concepts, like KPI trees and business performance conversations
- Experience with business, process and requirements analyses and setting up business cases
- Preferably experience with Lean / Six Sigma / Operational Excellence
- 4+ Years of experience as an analyst or consultant
- A competitive salary ranging from € 4.639 and € 6.271 based on 36 hours (scale 13) depending on your knowledge and experience
- 6,75% fixed end of the year bonus
- A variable participation allowance of up to 7.5%
- Schiphol Go allows you to decide for yourself how you travel to and from work
- We encourage travelling by public transport, which is why you will receive an NS Business Card
- Smartphone, choice of iPhone 13 or Samsung Galaxy S21
- Flexible working hours for an optimal work-life balance with a home-work allowance
- We give you room for development on a professional and personal level. For example, there is a personal sustainable employability budget (for training, coaching, sports and leave)
- We promote an inclusive culture, which is why you are entitled to two diversity days, to be used on any day (including holidays)
- 2% Sustainable Employability Budget (DIB).
Do you recognize yourself in the above and does the vacancy appeal to you? Then we look forward to receiving your application. Send your motivation letter and CV online via the application button.
For additional information about this vacancy please contact our recruiter Mark Blesma via email@example.com.
Please note: an AIVD security screening (VGB B-Civil Aviation) is part of the onboarding.