Type of vacancy: Regular
City: Schiphol Oost
Hours per week: 32-40
Education: Secondary vocational education (MBO-4 or HAVO)
Apply before: 06/28/2024
Flight KL691. Made possible by you, ground engineer. Together with your team, you ensure that our planes can safely and punctually reach their next destination. As a KLM employee, you contribute to unforgettable flights, whatever your role.
What are you going to do?
Thanks to you, our planes are safe and ready for use on time. You oversee the flawless maintenance in our hangars at Schiphol by getting your hands dirty, directing your team of technicians, and keeping a close eye on everything. If the desired end result is at risk of not being achieved on time, you and your team intervene immediately. It is your responsibility to ensure that the aircrafts are ready for their new flight on schedule.
Additionally you are responsible for:
- inspection, modification, and maintenance tasks.
- making decisions with a Certificate of Release to Service on whether an aircraft can safely take off.
- dealing with the latest aviation technologies.
- working on the newest Airbus and Boeing aircraft.
- providing technical guidance and ensure that colleagues perform their work safely.
- contributing to the development of your team members.
Where do you land?
You will be part of KLM Engineering & Maintenance, the maintenance area at Schiphol-East: a dynamic, inspiring, and international environment. We are looking for ground engineers for various aircraft, including the 737, 777, 787, and A330 – and in the future, also the A320 and A350. Your workplace and team are not fixed yet, but together we will find an environment that suits you. At E&M, we work in shifts, including evening, night, and weekend shifts.
Planes hold no secrets for you, and you excel in dealing with people. You must be able to lead, motivate, and inspire them. This means you can effortlessly convey your ideas to your team. While you work closely together, the result is ultimately your responsibility: fortunately, that responsibility and pressure bring out the best in you.
• You have at least seven years of experience as a (un)licensed mechanic.
• You possess an AML B1 or B2 with at least one type rating, preferably for one the following aircrafts: A330, A320, B737, B777 and B787
• You understand (technical) English very well.
- Interpersonal sensitivity
- Motivating others
- Cross functional awareness
- A challenging role at an unique employer in the Netherlands;
- A gross salary between € 3.700 and € 4.878 per month; in the near future you can grow to a next salary scale that offers growths to a gross monthly salary of €5.199
- Reimbursement for possession of an active AML in combination with one of the KLM aircraft types. These are: €1,415.80 (for one type), €2,314.84 (for two types) and €3,098.89 (for three types); these fees are on an annual basis; Pension is accrued on the basic AML and the first aircraft type
- Plenty of room for personal development and wonderful career opportunities;
- A good pension scheme and 8 percent holiday pay;
- An end of the year bonus of 8,33%
- An temporary labourmarket allowence of 8,5%
- 25 days of paid holiday and 7 extra days off;
- Great discounts on airline tickets (if you have been in service for at least 6 months);
- A travel expenses scheme and free use of the bus network around Schiphol;
- Discount of your health insurance;
- A personal budget for sustainable employability.
Ready for your next destination?
Don’t wait any longer, send us your CV asap! A motivation letter is no longer required; we will simply ask you a couple of questions during your online application. Your application procedure consists of two interviews.
A file check (for ex-KLM-employees) and/or a reference check can be part of the application procedure. By applying for this vacancy you consent to these checks.
If you would like to know more about the position, please contact the hiring manager. Call or e-mail the recruiter for questions about the application process. In both cases, don't forget to mention the vacancy number: #12988 .
Frank van den Broek: FRANK-VAN-DEN.BROEK@KLM.COM
Details from this vacancy are not to be used for marketing purposes.