Type of vacancy: Regular
City: Schiphol Oost
Hours per week: 32-40
Education: Secondary vocational education (MBO-4 or HAVO)
Apply before: 12/29/2023
If you are a driven Aircraft maintenance technician B1 or B2, the position of Ground Engineer B1 / B2 at KLM might suit you! KLM is asap looking for experienced EASA Part 66 Aircraft maintenance technicians / engineers B1 or B2. Are you up for this great opportunity?
What are you going to do?
After working hard with your team to deliver a Boeing 787 to your customer in perfect condition, you wave it off with pride. On to the next team challenge: solve a complicated avionic task on the Boeing 777 that has just rolled in! Or a P-inspection at Schiphol Centre while your colleague is doing the Software load. You can use your Ipad to complete the pre-departure administration and move on to the next job at another gate or buffer to make sure that also departs safely and on time. As a Ground Engineer, you ensure that aircraft fly smoothly, safely and on time every day. You achieve this by carrying out maintenance work supervising and certifying it professionally, following the safety requirements and various regulations. You also make an active contribution to optimising the maintenance processes. Because by making our department structurally a little better, we can continue to live up to our position as a leading player in aircraft maintenance.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Ensuring (maintenance) processes on the ground run flawlessly
- Perform inspection, maintenance and modification activities and supervise them professionally
- Carry out the work according to the required specifications and in compliance with the various regulations (such as those from the Safety Management System)
- Release aircraft to service by means of a Certificate of Release to Service which, in your opinion, are suitable for safe flight operations
- Improve the current maintenance processes structurally and proactively
- Contribute to the further development of your team
As a Aircraft maintenance technician, you will work in shifts.
Where do you land?
In a team of motivated colleagues, you will work within Airframe at one of the plants/units or at Schiphol centre, sometimes you will travel abroad! You will report to the Plantleader and in the operational shifts to the Lead Ground Engineer. You are part of the Airframe department, which is responsible for aircraft maintenance for the KLM fleet and global customers. Airframe is part of KLM Engineering & Maintenance (KLM E&M), KLM's maintenance division. Together with Air France Industries, KLM E&M is a leading player in aircraft maintenance worldwide.
You are an enthusiastic competent Ground Engineer with a great sense of responsibility. Delivering aircraft effectively and efficiently to the end customer is what you aim for, and of course you do this together with your team. You are not afraid to make decisions and show initiative; you do everything to realise your goals and are proud of what you work on. Connecting and making contact also comes easily to you, which means you interact effortlessly with different people: from cleaners to customer representatives and from flight crew to your direct colleagues. To you, the prospect of being a Ground Engineer at KLM feels like the greatest thing you can achieve in aviation!
What else will you bring with you?
- Demonstrable relevant work experience as Easa Part 66 licensed Aircraft maintenance technician/engineer for one or more of the following aircraft types B737, B777, A330, A320 NEO and/or B787. (A dossier/document check is part of the selection process)
- Good (technical) English, both spoken and written, is a must
- EU citizen or EU work permit
- Dutch, spoken and written, is an advantage.
- Experience working in a team is a plus
- Interpersonal sensitivity
- Motivating others
- Cross functional awareness
- A challenging role at an unique employer in the Netherlands;
- A gross salary between € 3261 and € 4373 per month;
- Plenty of room for personal development and wonderful career opportunities;
- A good pension scheme and 8 percent holiday pay;
- An end of the year bonus of 8,33%
- 25 days of paid holiday and 5 extra days off;
- Great discounts on airline tickets (if you have been in service for at least 6 months);
- A travel expenses scheme and free use of the bus network around Schiphol;
- Discount of your health insurance;
- A personal budget for sustainable employability.
Ready for your next destination?
Don’t wait any longer, send us your CV before the final boarding call on 12/29/2023! A motivation letter is no longer required; we will simply ask you a couple of questions during your online application. Within two weeks, you will receive a message from us. Your application procedure consists of two interviews.
A file check (for ex-KLM-employees) and/or a reference check can be part of the application procedure. By applying for this vacancy you consent to these checks.
If you would like to know more about the position, please contact the hiring manager. Call or e-mail the recruiter for questions about the application process. In both cases, don't forget to mention the vacancy number: #12988 .
Frank van den Broek: FRANK-VAN-DEN.BROEK@KLM.COM
Details from this vacancy are not to be used for marketing purposes.