Type of vacancy: Regular
City: Schiphol Centrum
Hours per week: 40
Education: Secondary vocational education (MBO-4 or HAVO); Pre-vocational education (MBO-3)
Apply before: 12/29/2023
Are you an experienced Aircraft Mechanic with a Cat A AML who is ready for the next step? Then perhaps the position of Line Maintenance Mechanic at Line Maintenance Schiphol is for you!
Are you ready for this great opportunity in a dynamic operational environment?
What are you going to do?
At Schiphol Centre, one plane after another arrives at the gate. You and your colleagues run a so-called P-inspections to make sure everything is in order ensuring that the planes fly on time and to the full satisfaction of the crew. In addition, you make sure the administration is complete before departure. This can all be done from the IPad at the aircraft. Then you take on the next challenge, perhaps a different aircraft type at a different gate. You carry out maintenance work within your scope by the book, providing professional guidance and certification following safety requirements and various regulations.
You also make an active contribution to optimising the maintenance processes. Because by making our department structurally a little better, we can continue to live up to our position as a leading player in aircraft maintenance.
Where do you land?
Line Maintenance Schiphol is part of Airframe and is responsible for the technical aircraft handling of the KLM fleet at Schiphol Centre. In a busy operational environment, where it is often run or standstill, you get satisfaction from the planes departing safely and on time.
Airframe is a people-oriented, flexible, competitive and agile organisation that works according to the teaming concept, where the customer takes centre stage.
• You have at least 3 years of proven experience (preferably) authorised Mechanic M&A, see WPI AM0002 for further details regarding experience statements and exceptions;
• You are willing to undergo training to obtain multiple Cat A authorisations;
• If after training, a Cat A type authorisation is credited on your AML, you will be appointed as Line Maintenance Mechanic;
• Command of (technical) English, both spoken and written is a must;
• You will ensure correct application of safety regulations (Safety Management System);
• Besides a positive and enthusiastic attitude, you show ownership and guts, you are a team player who is able to make contact and connect, but can also work independently. In addition, you can think systematically where you put the customer first.
Please note: Unfortunately we cannot hire candidates with non EU nationality due to Dutch immigration rules and regulations.
Customer service orientation
Concern for excellence
Cross cultural awareness
Building and maintaining relationships
- A challenging role at an unique employer in the Netherlands;
- A gross salary between € 2.683,89 and € 3.813,32> per month;
- Plenty of room for personal development and wonderful career opportunities;
- A good pension scheme and 8 percent holiday pay;
- An end of the year bonus of 8,33%
- 25 days of paid holiday and 7 extra days off;
- Great discounts on airline tickets (if you have been in service for at least 6 months);
- A travel expenses scheme and free use of the bus network around Schiphol;
- Discount of your health insurance;
- A personal budget for sustainable employability.
Ready for your next destination?
Don’t wait any longer, send us your CV before the final boarding call on 12/29/2023! A motivation letter is no longer required; we will simply ask you a couple of questions during your online application. Within two weeks, you will receive a message from us. Your application procedure consists of two interviews and security research.
A file check (for ex-KLM-employees) and/or a reference check can be part of the application procedure. By applying for this vacancy you consent to these checks.
If you would like to know more about the position, please contact the hiring manager. Call or e-mail the recruiter for questions about the application process. In both cases, don't forget to mention the vacancy number: #13142 .
Frank van den Broek: FRANK-VAN-DEN.BROEK@KLM.COM or
Details from this vacancy are not to be used for marketing purposes.